What's-up gas prices

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 16, 2010.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

WOW!!! Gas is up 25 cents over night,what a joke,I thought we owned Iraq ha ha...$2.89 a gallon in St.Louis,MO. That's crazy before the holidays. What's the price in your part of the country???...:mad::mad::mad:

2. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

I paid 3.08 for it this morning in Kommiefornia.

3. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

I am surprised that inflation has taken this long to finally hit gas prices. It is $2.69 out where I live here in Missouri (it was $2.49 a week before). BTW, I was reading a news article yesterday (it was an A&P or Reuters article I think) about how the oil barons of the world (primarily Iran) think that we can live with $100+ per barrel of oil despite the global economy spiralling out of control. Got to love your third world robber barons, ne?

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It's the holiday season ... Big Oil needs to jack up prices to make record profits ;)

:mad::mad::mad:

5. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Is it me or just the fact that everything has gotten more expensive and I haven't gotten a raise in two years that is making me poorer than I have ever been in my thirty years on this planet?

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Gas was near $5.00 a gallon not too long ago. Then the economy tanked and prices came down. But the prices will be back up there and higher. Obama ran his campaign promising new oil drilling in America when the prices were sky rocketing. He also promised more nuclear plants to help lower our oil dependency. While O bung hole is a giant gas bag he ain't done sh1t to help our energy issues.

7. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Oh c´mon, it's $7.15 a gallon here in Finland... :rolleyes:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe so, but you have HUGE deer; they have to keep people off the road and safe from the ungulate jaywalkers somehow.
    :p

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

$7.15 a gallon -How much of that is tax???

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Inflation...Look for everything to be up by 30% because of our governments efforts to monetize the National Debt! They keep printing money, and they are going to ruin this country!! :mad:

11. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

orangello:

That's a good point! The government should use that as an excuse for the new higher tax they're planning.

LONGHAIR:

About 60% at the recent gas price. :eek:

12. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

gas prices

$2.69 close to the freeways but if you look around in the suburbs you can find some $2.59 and even a $2.52 like I did yesterday. That is in Denver CO. and in the North suburbs.

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Finland, a country roughly 117,942 sq mi.; the size of California, 155,973 sq. mi., your unemployment rate is 8.5%, your GDP ranks 9th best of the European Nations, you guys are doing great. How are your taxes levied? You obviously have a gas tax :eek:, do you have a value added tax, income tax, property tax, luxury tax, etc.?

On Topic - gas on the coast is still below $2.70/gallon. We just got an Arco station in town and there is a mini gas war going on so prices here are going down.

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Albuquerque is running for 91 octane $2.88 at Sam's and $3.05 at Shell. I cannot use the cheap stuff, the wife van can; but, the low octane means no power!

Word is by end of the year $4.00 a gallon, take into account Commie Cal and you might be paying $4.50 to $5.00 a gallon.

15. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Dunerunner:

We pay taxes for almost everything we purchase or receive(high value gifts, lottery prizes, inheritance). I haven't studied economy so I don't know the correct translations for all of the taxes, but here are some of them:

VAT, income tax(around 40% for a middle class white collar worker), vehicle/car tax(originally an experimental one, has been around for 50 years though, about 40% of a cars price), gas tax(60% as mentioned berfore), church tax, gift tax, inheritance tax.

It's pretty crazy and one of the things among others why I'm propably moving abroad to work after I graduate.

There are upsides for the high taxing though. We get free health care(way better than Obamacare I think :D), free education(including polytechincs and universities), welfare benefits for unemployed, students and pensioners, government funded pension system etc.

Sorry for the off topic.

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I remember being on a military exercise in Norway (June 2007) and the price of gas for the rental vehicle was $10.00 to $12.00 a gallon after the currency conversion. Dinner was not cheap either, a pint of Guinness and a medium pizza was about $45.00 dollars.

I too know the VAT Tax from Germany, granted we have the VAT forms for usage in Germany only.

I remember getting ready to leave Germany in 2008, we had to pay the utility bills; but, the bills were calculated for a certain period. I moved into the house Apri 2004, if I moved into the house October timeframe, it would have been cheaper! We paid almost 925 Euros for the Electric bill alone, do not remember the water and gas bills; however, the were slightly less! :eek:

17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yesterday gas was around $3.25 +/- a gallon here.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

A couple days ago I paid $2.99/gal. It cost me almost $40 to fill up my mid sized car.

19. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

...$57.60 to fill-up mine today...