What's the one common denominator here?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by DodgerBlue, Mar 9, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

SIG vs. Glock
    SIG vs. Hk
    SIG vs. Colt
    SIG or another 1911

Looking through "semi-autos" and "1911" I see alot of SIG vs. _________

Whether it be SIG vs. Glock, SIG vs. Hk, SIG vs. Colt, whatever.

Take away the P250 (SIG's rushed attempt to bring their product to the 500.00 people) (Glock,Xd,ect) and you'll see SIG is still one of the premier gun makers today.

Hk makes a great handgun. I think a little too romanticised by movies,tv, and video games. Glock as well. A combat gun who's only equal might be the Hk.

But SIG's P series 226,229, and so on are time,combat, and duty proven guns.

Xd,RI,Ruger's new line of guns, and to some extent Hk and Glocks since they have become mainstream are all only "weekend gun guy" tested. I shot "x" rounds at range today. 2 years from now it's a "Safe queen for sale"

Now with SIG's attention on the 1911 they have become again, what they always were to most. The best mass produced gun maker today.

2. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Ill take my HK USP. 40 over a sig,, but admittedly only by a slim margin.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

my issues with sig is they changed the grip design of the p22x series to a less ergonomic design and their "1911" has an external extractor.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to see a 938.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am very seriously thinking of buying a Sig P238.

6. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Honestly I would wait for the 938 to come out and the price to settle. The 938 is only .4 inches longer, and barely heavier. Also 9mm is a more effective round and cheaper to shoot. I loved my p238 but, for me just a tad to big for pocket carry, and if I'm carrying IWB it's at least going to be a
    9mm. Just my .02.