whats the name of this gun

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Monier, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Monier

Monier New Member

hello there,
    I just think this looks pretty nice and I wanted to know the name or model.. (not the girl)

[​IMG]

2. hopps402

hopps402 New Member

It's an M249 SAW. It's got a suppressor (but they don't really work for SAWs), a bipod (which is std), and I THINK an ACOG (std since Afghanistan).

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes that is a M249 5.56 Squad Automatic Weapon or (SAW) for short.

4. junho806

junho806 New Member

Thats an aimpoint its got on there too

5. deth502

deth502 New Member

it looks like a "carl" to me.

6. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I was thinking "Fred"

7. Monier

Monier New Member

can regular people buy these type or arms or its just for US army and such..

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You'll have to join the Army (when you're old enough) to shoot one of these...

9. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

They'll even pay you to shoot it...And hump it. I lugged one for three months and I'll take my M4 any day. (Sight is an Aimpoint Comp M2, or M68 in Army speak).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  10. Monier

Monier New Member

i know i'm just 25yrs old but I should be like 50 or what? shooting one of these shouldn't be that hard.. I just like these type or arms..

11. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I'm more interested in the name of the girl.

And a phone number while we're at it.

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Any idea what it's worth?

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Worth you ask?

Bring on da noise, bring on da funk

Attached Files:

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

bring on da noise, bring on da funk

[​IMG]

15. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Last SAW I see, (wow) :rolleyes: for sale, was a dealer sample in Shotgun News about a year ago.

It was NIB with all the accessories and they only wanted around $55,000.00 (US). I thought about it for 1.2 seconds then turned the page!

16. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

I would rather buy a colt or glock or a 1911 something that I could actually use.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, until anout May 1986, you COULD buy one of those- if you had a lot of $$$$. They are a machinegun, and under the 1934 National Firearms Act, required registration with the BATFE, and the payment of a one time $200 transfer tax. However, that stopped. No additional full auto fireams can be registered to a civilian- only those already on the books. Which is why the price for a LEGAL, TRANSFERRABLE full auto has gone thru the roof (they don't make them anymore)

As far as how hard to shoot one? No hard at all. Load, release safety, pull trigger, and it shoots. Now, HITTING your target at 500 meters is another matter entirely.........:rolleyes:

And if you think THOSE are fun, try a 40mm grenade launcher, or a Ma Duece- the .50 Browning Machine Gun. The Ma Duece is good out to about 2000 yards.

18. Monier

Monier New Member

ill give you the girls contact info if you find me a place where I can shoot this SAW.. heheh

19. Jynx

Jynx New Member

And this is where I call you on that, honey.

Produce her number, and I'll even present something a tad more hardcore than a SAW. Literally.

Don't let me down ;)