What's the most pain you've ever been in....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SRK97, Dec 11, 2019.

1. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

This thread makes me think of this song.
    Well, I've had a splittin' headache from my eyebrows to my backbone
    Arthritis, appendicitis, Bright's disease and gall stones
    Bleedin' ulcers, ingrown toe nails, swollen adenoids
    The Asian flu a time or two and inflamed vocal chords
    I've had a toothache so severe my jawbone split in two
    But nothing's ever hurt me half as bad as losing you
    Well, I've had the lit end of a cigar pressed against my belly
    Whupped upon with a crowbar till my eyeball turned to jelly
    Accidentally nailed my index finger to the wall
    Cut off half my toes and soaked my foot in alcohol
    Well I've had my pelvis ruptured by an angry kangaroo
    Well, it's not because you measure fifty, twenty, forty-four
    It's surely not because you own a chain of liquor stores
    It's not because your daddy is the richest man in town
    It's just that I've grown used to you and having you around
    I've had my parents tell me son we don't love you at all
    I've seen my sister's name written on a washroom wall
    My best friend set my barn on fire and burned my horse to death
    I went out with a girl who told me, "George you've got bad breath"
    Last week I drew a crowd when I went to the city zoo
    Well, I've had a splittin' headache from my eyebrows to my backbone
    Arthritis, appendicitis, Bright's disease and gall stones
    Bleedin' ulcers, ingrown toe nails, swollen adenoids
    The Asian flu a time or two and inflamed vocal chords
    Well I've had a toothache so severe my jawbone split in two

primer1, OLD Ron, Mercator and 3 others like this.
  2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Its reminding me of this one, the part where Tiger-Man McCool is talking about all of his injuries

MisterMcCool and towboater like this.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Making a serious note to self: Stay the HELL away from these folks! Being in their proximity is likely to activate that double indemnity thingy......

kfox75, RJF22553, primer1 and 6 others like this.
  4. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

The Rosslyn Mountain Boys!
    Haven't thought of them in decades!
    A-2888906-1488130341-8958.jpeg.jpg

towboater and alsaqr like this.
  5. Leftyfixit

Leftyfixit Member

Most here have passed a kidney stone. If you haven't trust me you don't want to. No amount of pain killers can ease that type of pain. If one isn't enough some people have passed more then one God help them. I have never seen anyone pass one including myself without laying on the floor.

ellis36, primer1, boatme98 and 3 others like this.
  6. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, it was a lot of decades ago. I was a HS Freshman playing in a basketball game against another town in the Conference. Well, we were behind by 3 points.

The other town had a poor kid at 7ft 6 inches. A freshman!!! Rare type of kid. He had some thing that caused that growth. He passed away at 19 years old.

Anyway, he played Center. They were unbeaten at the time. Near the end of the game he was totally worn out. I saw a wide open slot and went in for an easy layup, but he fouled me. So, I got two shots and we went ahead by one.

In the final seconds of the game a short time later, he just smiled at me before we threw the ball into play. Put his hand out to me and as I accepted it, he kneed me in the balls.
    I learned what true blue balls really was. Out of school and could not walk for about 2 weeks. He was banned from all sports in our state.

That poor kid should never have been playing in the first place. Turns out his Coach had enough power to get him approved to play even when he failed in nearly all of his classes.
    Cheated just like today in all sports!

7. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Truth is there are different types of pain when I crushed all 5 toes of my left foot yes that was a different type of pain than gout or shingles. They both hurt like crazy but some may tolerate one better than the other. Gout is an unbelievable sensitivity as is shingles but crushed toes, broken ribs, kidney stones is something quite different!

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

SOAB!!! I was a civilian truck and tractor tire changer just out of the Army where I was a mechanic. We were taught to use the cage when airing up deuce and 1/2 and 5 ton truck tires. My boss was very adamant about safety & fired 2 workers who thought they were cool by not using "The Cage"... Scary chit when they blow!!!

9. Caveman Jim

Well lets see; falling off of a roof (really my brother pushed me), falling backwards onto a concrete curb (really my brother pushed me) and landing on my tailbone, pulling a wheelie going down a hill and the front tire fell off, drilled by a line drive in the nads, slipping and straddling a 2x6 floor joist, bladder infection during Christmas, going for the world record height on a swing set and head hit large tree root. Those were before I was even in high school...
    All were very painful but the nads took the prize as the WORST PAIN!!!

Rifling82, RJF22553, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  10. Caveman Jim

I watched my Dad going through kidney stones, I'd never seen him cry before that one time... RIP Pop.

11. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Well, I'll tell you. I've lived a long life full of varying experiences. I've had a knee broke, an ankle broke, been cut with an axe, a chainsaw, had my nose broke twice, hideous gall bladder experience, and I've taken it all with a minimum of whinging.
    But when I needed my first root canal, and that toothache just never quit, after a week of that I was whining like a 10 year old girl.

12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Re: Split rim tires, tire cages- true story[​IMG]
    THIS is a tire cage- intended to control the flight of various bits of the wheel and tire if they decide to part company while being inflated. And yes, have seen a tire cage get bent. Shop hired new kid. Shop foreman took him over to the cage, explained any time we air up a tire, we use the cage. Serious stuff- if I find you airing up a tire without using the cage, I will fire you on the spot.

3 days later, foreman walks into the shop. There is a tire being inflated, while laid up against the outside of the cage. INSIDE of the cage, crouched down, and reaching out thru the bars of the case with the air hose, is his new worker.

As my signature says- sometimes what we have here is failure... to communicate.

14. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Truth.

I have the dubious pleasure of being a medical rarity, I have had shingles twice. The second time I had them it was such a textbook perfect case that they took pictures and wrote it up and my armpits are in a medical book somewhere.

I would not wish that pain on my worst enemy.

15. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

One of my best friends was the motor sergeant for the company I was assigned to. He had a standing rule he made it very clear to all his mechanics that if he ever caught them inflating a tire outside of a cage he would Article 15 them and recommended they be reduced in rank one grade.

Caveman Jim, towboater and RJF22553 like this.
  16. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

While stationed in southern Maryland decades ago, a father was killed and his son crippled when the ring blew off a tire. They had replaced the flat inside tire and had installed the spacer. Then the tire blew up.

17. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure i could tolerate shingles again.

Modern medicine has a shot that's supposed to drastically reduce the likelihood of shingles. But my doctor don't recommend the shot for folks who have had shingles.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’ve never passed a kidney stone but I’ve seen it many times in the ER. It looks terrible. I have a co-worker who likes the attention of having ailments. She sometimes tells me she’s passing a kidney stone. I tell her I don’t believe here very time. She said she’s had so many kidney stones she’s used to the pain. Yeah, right.

19. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

alsaqr

What I have heard.
    Doesn't Shingles have something in common with those who have had the mumps!
    If so I am lucky! Never had the Mumps growing up. The measles was my pleg!:rolleyes:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

While out hunting, I had to answer the call of nature. (that's a call you can't resist.:p)

Squatted down and caught my stones in a bear trap.........

Second worst pain I ever felt.

Worst pain was when I hit the end of the chain!:eek: