What's the most gorgeous car you've ever had.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sheepdawg, Apr 19, 2020.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Mein Auto.JPG Mein Nissan 350Z.JPG Aftermarket supercharged 2 pulleys/tunes, 370 whp and 411 whp respectively . 6 Speed Manual. 3254 lbs empty.
    A Z33 gen car of the Z . One of only 3 cars I bought new in my entire life.
    Back then I was much younger, better looking and very athletic.. and (for my age) I made very good money... It was some of the best times of my life.

100_0176.JPG

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    towboater and winds-of-change like this.
  2. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

It was the right car - I was just making fun because the Vega was designed by DeLorean when he still worked at GM.....

I'm just a dweeb that wants one of his cars :p

I had a Grand Prix too... But it was the 80s body style after the DeLorean designed one. You know, that kinda ugly one that looks like all the 80s GM 2dr cars....

towboater and Caveman Jim like this.

3. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

One of my favorites;

[​IMG]

1992 K5 Blazer Sport.

4. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Same "Desert Gears" as my '69 'Runner. IMHO, the perfect ratio for all-around driving and "goosing it".

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Another favorite from the past.

[​IMG]

Glockeyed, towboater and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Usually a muscle over import guy but I’m a little jealous. Always thought a boosted 350z was the best horsepower per dollar car when you wanna go fast on a budget.

bluez likes this.
  7. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Even the engines looked better back then... :p

KIMG1702.JPG

towboater, JimRau, ellis36 and 2 others like this.
  9. mrm14

mrm14 Well-Known Member

1965 Corvette Roadster Hardtop. The wife and I sold it in 1978 for the down payment on our first new house.

10. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

If you were pulling onto the Glenn Highway at the Ft Rich entrance I saw you do that! It was EPIC!!

11. freefall

This says EVERYTHING we need to know about you!

ellis36, austin92 and towboater like this.
  12. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

No that wasn't me, I flipped mine on a back road just outside Evansville In. There was a ice sheet across the road from a guy that let his outside faucet run. I wasn't going much more than 25. When I hit the ice the car started sliding & the wing on the front hit rip-rap on the hill next to the road. That pulled the front wheels up on the rocks, when the rip-rap ended the hill dropped off into the guys driveway. Then the front rim dug in & over I went. I slid about 50' on the side/top, then the nose caught the hill on the other side of the driveway & flipped it back onto the wheels.
    It was still running, the side window was gone, front windshield was busted, two tires were flat & I could hear air leaking out of one of the other tires. I was about two miles from home so I hit the gas tried to make it home. I got within 1/4 mile from home when the belt from the flat back tire wrapped around the E brake cable & stopped the car. When the brake on one wheel locked up it slid off the road into a grassy spot & I couldn't get it to move.
    So I left it there & walked home. I got home & called police to report the accident the law enforcement officer came out & picked me up, we went to the scene of the flip. I showed him where it happened & as his car was sitting in the road it almost got hit three times by passing cars sliding on the ice.
    He said it wasn't my fault & he would get county truck out there to salt the road as fast as he could. It totaled the car but I wasn't hurt much, my shoulder had some cuts on it from the broken glass but that was the end of my car.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Aww, come on. It was his first car that was totally his. Of course it was gorgeous to him.
    My brother had a orange Mustang Mach I. It was fast, flashy and simply a very gorgeous car with a huge engine in it. He bought it on his own with Money he was saving forever from delivering newspapers, mowing, etc. Over time, The cops in our town and several nearby towns knew him by name. He got so many speeding tickets he was getting close to losing his driver’s license. He sold it to my sister’s husband and bought a yellow Gremlin. LOL. No more tickets. Eventually my brother-in-law sold it to my cousin who finally crashed it. It was as if we lost a family member. Whenever we have family gatherings and we talk about the beautiful Mach I, my cousin always walks away before we get to the end. ROFL

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    boatme98 likes this.
  14. sandog

sandog Active Member

BMW has always made good looking, great driving cars. (Although some of the recent SUVs are ugly). I've had several, but my favorite was this 1996 Z3 .
    It was a naturally aspirated 190 HP straight six, but I had it up to 155 MPH a few times in Nevada. It was very light, low center of gravity and would turn on a dime.
    The "M" version had a twin turbo engine @ 330 HP.
    Pierce Brosnan had one in the 1995 Bond film Goldeneye, same color as mine too.
    Mine did not have the machine guns and rockets like his though !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ellis36 likes this.
  15. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My younger brother and I both owned 1973 Dart Sports, with the 340, and 4-spds. Mechanically identical.

His had the hood scoops, spoilers, stripes, rally wheels, the whole enchilada. Said HOT ROD in a loud screaming voice. Cops would stop him just to check it out.

Mine was a plane Jane, brown with a bit of gold metal flake. Steel wheels and the dog dish hubcaps.

He’d get speeding tickets, when he was parked. I could cruise along at ten to fifteen over the speed limit and never get stopped. Mine was the car of three million grandmas. Cops never even glanced at it.

Mid eighties I put a Ford 302 and 4-spd into a light tan 69 Volvo 144, a serious 160-mph car. It too was invisible to cops.

winds-of-change, ellis36 and boatme98 like this.
  16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    Not this one, but it's twin. 1969 Z28 Camaro. And for most other cars, this is how they would see it- going away from them. Car could pass anything except a gas station or a redhead.

17. freefall

My best friend had a 66 Mustang with a 289 and a 4 speed.
    One day his wife drove it to town, a cop pulled her over. Said "Three nights ago I followed this car out of town at 140mph. I don't suppose you were driving it then, but tell whoever was I don't want to see this car for the next 30 days."

winds-of-change and boatme98 like this.
  18. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Loved the concept of the M Coupe, ~late-'90s. A body shape that was "an acquired taste," to be sure, but could be quite powerful and had stunning handling. A buddy had one, in a puny town I lived in back then.

sandog and boatme98 like this.
  19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I understand. My sister and I called the color of my brother’s Mach I “ticket me orange”. :p
    Great story. :D