what's the law like in your state?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 1911user, Oct 24, 2012.

1. 1911user

1911user New Member

In my commie state of Illinois there is no reguirement to report loss,theft or transfer of a gun once it is sold from a gun shop?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Same here in less-restricted MS. It would be unwise not to report a firearm that has been stolen; you might have to come up with an alibi.

Still lovin permit-free car carry in MS. :)

3. 1911user

1911user New Member

Is it me or does that seem a little crazy.I mean in Illinois there's a 3 day waiting period?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

The waiting period and FOID card seem a little crazy to me; i suppose it is all relative to that which you have become accustomed to.

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

My God, I'm glad that I live in FA. (Free America)

6. bkt

bkt New Member

New York requires immediate reporting of a missing handgun (lost or stolen) but not long guns. Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons" but the law is lax enough you can get a very nice AR of AK without serious issue but with some limitations. Class III devices are banned. Handguns require a permit to own, carry or even touch without an automatic felony conviction. Some counties are shall-issue, others require an act of congress and beatification by the Pope to get a permit. Delays in processing permit applications range from a couple weeks to over a year.

7. 1911user

1911user New Member

I'm illinois we register ourselves through the foid card but not the gun thank god

8. KansasCandR

KansasCandR New Member

Evil assault weapons? They sound like they'd be fun at parties. All my Modern Sporting Rifle does is stand silently in my gun safe. I have my suspicions about that rifle, though. One day I was at the bench loading some 45 ACP and I heard that rifle say something about it wanting to mount my ACOG. I wonder what that's about...

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Ditto for New Jersey with an extra helping of WTF?

10. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I live in CA. Enough said.

11. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I too live in ca.
    Today finishrd the paper work on my new, soon, 22/45.
    I think they,
    the state and the fed,
    want to make it as hard as possible to purchase a hand gun.
    Still, I know for some other folks,
    it is a lot harder.
    Remember, who you vote for, and remember they make laws and appoint people who make laws.

12. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Now your just bragging :D

14. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

15. DEB

DEB New Member

I have always been kinda curious; if you have a permit to carry in your county, can you carry throughout the state, or is it only good for the county of issue?

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

If you do that in California, prepare to be arrested, tried, and jailed for more charges than I can count! It's too bad I'm stuck here in CA for the foreseeable future. I got a bad case of gun law envy because of you Alaskans. :D

17. FFL01user

FFL01user New Member

Permits issued in NY are valid throughout the entire state EXCEPT for New York City.

18. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

19. bkt

bkt New Member

It's good everywhere in the state except in and possibly around New York City - that has a whole different set of laws.

20. bullpupp

bullpupp New Member

I live in Victoria Australia

And the laws are way over the top!