Whats the Deal with the BATF?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by dynastyofnext, May 27, 2009.

1. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

I have ordered the forms for the FFL 2 times already, does anyone know how long it takes to receive the form? I ordered them online both times, and a month passed by since I ordered the first one. Is it easier if I call?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It took up to 3 months before I got mine. That was a few years ago when I was thinking about starting a little business out of my home. But the ATF doesn't do that anymore.

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

You can't print them off online somewhere?

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Nope, can't print them offline. And yes, you CAN get an 01 Dealers FFL for a home based business- I know several of them. BUT- your local zoning laws must permit a business to operate out of a residence.

Best call them- and YES, they have a big backlog from too many people with the same idea.

5. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I have the application for my second FFL packet here now. I'm fixin' to sign it and send it off. Getting the forms came quickly. Getting my FFL... well, that took me about 6 months.

...of course, now that I have my FFL, I have to print my own 4473 transfer forms... the ATF is out of 'em. At least they furnished the software (free of charge) to making my life easier! :)

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ooops, another hydrashock response. I gotta get out of here! :D

(just yankin' your chain, hydra. You did ask for it, and you know it) :D

7. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Hydrashock's here

Haul butt,:D close thread.:D

8. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

*snicker, snicker*

No one respond, maybe we can witness a meldown.

*snicker*

Don't let hydra know. :cool:

*double snicker*

10. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

...next time I go to Ohio, I'm gonna kick your asss.....

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

lmao...oh crap, I responded to hydrashok again. I hope I don't get banned for the infarction...

When you get to Ohio, look me up. We will go shootin' and fishin' at my private range and pond. We'll crack a couple after shootin' and after we are drunk, we can throw down. I'm game. :p

12. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

BANNED?!?! Is THAT what it's come down to??? :eek:

LOL... I see how you are. Get me drunk and take advantage of me! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I've only been to Ohio once... and it was to take this picture :D (2007)

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The banned dealy was another slam on your previously declared a$$hole thread.

You are on the Indy border there, so you will have a long drive to my little spot of paradise from there. You are welcome whether I get you drunk or not. lol

14. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

...oh I got it. LOL... I was playing on your elevation to the voluntary "stop responding to him" to now getting banned for doing so.

...and, of course, non-supporting members have no clue what we're talking about. :cool:

15. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

lol no clue I can only assume that it involved some kind of molestation of some sort while someone was passed out. I say its time to bring back duelling pistols.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I guess that is what I get for listing to an ATF person (DUMBAZZ Smacking forehead). I would like to get one just to get thins shipped right to my door SO I don't have to go and buy them at the store.

17. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

...I mentioned that in a recent thread.

18. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Verbatim, Second Page, Question #18:

Do you intend to make a profit from your business?
    [] Yes [] No (If no, do not submit application)

I *wish* there was some kind of consumer FFL so you could do just that... get an FFL that would allow you to have firearms shipped right to your door.

19. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

oh...you did......these are not the droids you are looking for........you posted first....

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

cpt- you MUST intend to operate as a business to get an 01 Dealer's License- means having a business license, zoned for business, state sales tax number yada yada yada. CANNOT get an 01 just for personal collecting- but IS possible to have a business in your home (my closest gunsmith does- legally)

Next best thing is the 03 Curio & Relics Collectors License. Not a license to engage in the business of buying and selling, but for collecting. C&R is either on the list published by ATF (like all Colt Woodsmans, all Winchester 88s) OR the gun is 50 yrs old or older. My mailman brings my guns to the door- and it is amazing what was made in 1959 or earlier.