What's the best way?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jeffls417, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Jeffls417

Jeffls417 New Member

I am trying to buy a handgun from a guy in South Carolina and I am in Missouri. We are intending to ship FFL to FFL but my concern is that he wants a money order before shipment. I know this is pretty standard procedure but I feel like there is a better way to protect both of our interests. If I do it "his" way then I am hoping he will send the gun after receiving the money, and vice-versa "my" way. I'm sure in this modern day there is a better way to handle this sort of issue, I just don't know what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if it's a private party, i can see your concern. maybe send the money order to the FFL to hold until your FFL recieves the firearm. just an idea, as i am not sure how one would go about protecting themselves from soemone who could be less than honest in something like this. hopefully someone who has dealt with it before can advise on this.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You should be able to trust FFL holders (just not the Holder)

Contact shipping FFL, send a certified check to shipping FFL made out to seller (and maybe a SASE if things don't work out), and have shipping FFL give the money to seller when he gets seller's firerarm. Or after 5 days, he could send you back the money if the deal falls through.

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Sending the money to his FFL is a good idea. You could also ask your FFL about best way to do it.

5. Jeffls417

Jeffls417 New Member

Thanks for all of the responses. I do like that idea better then anything else that's been suggested. I feel like this may be one of those areas where someone could make a few bucks if they came up with a better way to facilitate these transactions.