Whats The Best Magazine For AK WASR-10

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by sburke, Jul 6, 2011.

1. sburke

sburke New Member

What are the best magazines for the AK 47 WASR-10? If you can post links to them I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

2. LSU_Lou

LSU_Lou New Member

Bump

I too would like to hear your recommendations. I am an AK noob and just bought a Magpul 30 rd mag that does not seem to fit correctly. Tia

3. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

4. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

Best non metal 7.69x39 :)are the Bulgarian circle tens ((10)) from K-Var but they are costly at around $30US each. Any of the ComBlock steel Mags will do a very good job. The Hungarian 20rd steel Mags that were being sold at AIM but now gone, are super nice. I saw them at a local gun show this last weekend. $17.50US each not bad if one really wanted them.:)

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I don't have any experience with the WASR-10, but from what I hear, Tapco makes good magazines for them.

6. rifleshooter474

If your rifle needs the Mag. to meet the 922r parts count, TAPCO is a American Mfg. Mag. and will count.;)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I do have experience with the WASR-10, and they DO NOT like plastic mags. (I've got three different poly mags, Tapco included you can have for CHEAP.)

Find the cheapest used Eastern-Bloc (NOT Chi-Com) mags and buy six. If they work well, go ahead and buy more. You should find them for ~$10/ea.

[​IMG]

I've used these guys;

The Country Shed - AK Magazines

8. LSU_Lou

LSU_Lou New Member

Thanks for the info canebrake! :)

9. LSU_Lou

LSU_Lou New Member

So true! I worked with it last night and could get the plastic mag in but it was ridiculously hard! I will be getting some metal mags today. Thanks again for the info! Wish I had asked before buying (glad I only bought one!)

Thanks again canebrake

10. rifleshooter474

I have one TAPCO Mag. in 7.69x39 I keep for my AMD-65 to meet the 922r compliance. I had to do some filing on it to get it to lock in.:eek:

11. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I'm assuming that the same thing regarding plastic magazines would be true for the WASR 10/63. I plan on getting my first AK and first WASR this summer hopefully, and it's good to know what mags to use and not to use.

12. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

Its really hit or miss with waser-10's

There are some nice and some really bad ones. Two of my shooting buddy's have them one works with no problem and likes only steel mags The other had something go wrong when they were widening the mag well from single to double stack because it don't matter what mag is in the gun in rattles rumbles. it also has feeding problems. He finally fixed it by putting parts of steel in the mag well. Be aware when you buy mag's my friend bought some thinking they where polish or Bulgarian they were actually the Korean new made ones that are very hit or miss. I would suggest doing your research on Mag stamps.

13. Glockcurmudgeon

Glockcurmudgeon New Member

Just bought a WASR10/63 day before yesterday...

I didn't think having only one rifle in 7.62X39 was wise, especially with the money invested in my PTR 32KFR, with all of its bells and whistles. So, I bought a WASR 10/63 with ATI furniture, desert tan color, and have mounted an Insight M6X on the lower part of the hand guard.

Both rifles like the Bulgarian mags I bought for the PTR 32, and they too, like the TAPCOs... The TAPCOs haven't had any mods, nor is there any difficulty in their going into the mag well. Nice, positive "click" as they come into battery.

When I bought the WASR, I got a phenomenal deal- $7.00 per mag. Sure beats the nearly $13 from Cabela's... I got the Bulgarians from J&G, for around 12.95 a piece, plus S&H. These mags, the Bulgarians, are the best I've seen... A far cry from the steel mags I had for my Norinco AK of twenty+ years ago...

So, I now have two 7.62X39 rifles, one a real tack driver, and the newest, yet to be determined... 61 Bulgarian polymer mags, 2 Bulgarian steel mags, and 43 TAPCO mags- good to go, w/25rds per mag, not 30...

I like the TAPCOs because of their price, their robustness, and their lifetime guarantee- which becomes null and void, the second TSHTF...

Try the TAPCOs, if you find someone that will let you try and fit it to your weapon. If good, you'll have a steady source of affordable and dependable magazines...

Just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it... :D

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

P.S. The WASR 10/63 sits by my bed, a TAPCO Intrafuse polymer magazine loaded with 25rds of MFS 2000 FMJ on board. It's stock is folded, easy to hand, ready to go...

14. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

has anyone had issues with low capacity magazines in WASR's? im thinkin about buying a few 10 round magazines from tapco

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Does Tapco = plastic?

DON'T DO IT!

16. bmatt1

bmatt1 New Member

alright good answer haha.

17. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

I've just got 6 AK mags, 4 metal and 2 Tapco.
    One metal and the 2 Tapcos came with a GP1975, but both Tapcos work fine in my WASR 10-63.
    One of them is a little tight, but it goes in and works fine.
    The metal ones are OK. One wobbles pretty bad (the one that came with the 75) but functions. 2 of them wobble a little but function fine. One fits great and doesn't wobble at all.
    None of the metal mags have any stamps or marks that I can see, and they all look exactly alike.
    I'm not sure how you'd tell which one to buy without trying them in your particular rifle.:confused:

18. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

I don't have any experience with the Tapco magazines, but have 4 30 round polymer magazines from ProMag for mt WASR .223 that I'm completely satisfied with. They all needed about 2-3 minutes each of fitting with a file, fit and function have been perfect so far.

19. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I have no experience with the tapco mags but the Romy steel mil.surp. 30rd mags work great in my WASR 10.

20. Blaine

Blaine New Member

WASR's love steel mags. I got 4 Comblock mags with my 10/63 and they work great.