Whats the best glock for competetive shooting?

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Nickwashere, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Nickwashere

Nickwashere New Member

I was wanting to get a good glock for target shooting with exceptional accuracy in a 9mm or a 40 sw..,and I was thinking a glock 35 but I admit I am not super familiar with the glock line up..am I thinking the right model?

2. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

+1 and I have the 4.5" model and could never figure out why they went w short barrel. Love the new sights on 5.25 and it will cost $250 to bring mine up to speed. (too damn high).

Best bang for buck for competition.

However, 1911s are great competitors but will require more budget. Take a look at STI.

3. Nickwashere

Nickwashere New Member

Ok that xdm is making me lust alot and the reviews are very high

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I know you were asking about Glock but the XD recommendations are spot on.

More accurate, stronger design, and a much better trigger on the XD's, especially in the XDM line.

Personally I'd take a Colt 1911 Gold Cup for competiton but you'll pay twice as much.

Tack

6. Nickwashere

Nickwashere New Member

The xdm looks very nice..i just found out my uncle ownes one..he is going to let me burn some rounds in it.... thank you all for the advice, I've never owned a high end pistol and I knew you guys could point me in the right direction for the best equipment..

7. PrinC

PrinC New Member

If you were to choose a glock I would recommend a Glock 35. Its made for competition and can be used for both steel and target.

8. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Why would someone recommend the 40 S&W for comp.?

If you're wanting a Glock for comp the 34 is a great choice. 9mm has less recoil and is less expensive. Faster follow up shots and the ability to purchase more ammunition. Practice, practice...

9. Zip50

Zip50 New Member

More accurate, stronger design, and a much better trigger on the XD's, especially in the XDM line.

This statement would be highly disputed among the Glock fan base. However the bottom line is try both the xd and glock the one that fits your hand the best is the one you want both are good guns. Since you didnt say what kind of competition you want to shoot I have no caliber recommendation for you.

10. locnload

locnload New Member

I shoot IDPA, Defensive Pistol, and Steel Challenge with my G17. It has a 3.5 trigger, extended mag release, and True Glow fibber optic sites, other that that its just a stock Gen 3. It has done me well, and being a very practical character, I have no problem using it for CCW or since I always carry a sidearm while hunting, it fills that bill as well. 17 + 1, dependable, accurate, fairly light, whats not to like? :)

11. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  12. chasbo00

chasbo00 New Member

13. PrinC

PrinC New Member

I would choose a glock 35 for a number of reasons. Firstly, I can keep the same platform and get a Lonewolf or KKM barrel in 9mm and shoot targets with it. In its original form I can have a go at shooting steel. I would take the G35 over the G34 anyway due to the versatility of the G35.

14. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I've been doing a lot of research on the glock 35 and I think I'm sold on it. If it fits in my hand well I'll purchase one and give it a try.

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

How about you become a paid sponsor before you peddle yer stuff here?

16. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I personally think glocks look ugly but today I picked up a glock 35 and it fit my hand perfectly. I didnt realize that they come with the extended magazine release button out of the box. For 589 at my local gun store I'm buying one when the wife is not looking:D

17. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

The best Glock is the Glock that is in someone else's gun collection. Just my opinion. 1911 first and XDm Second.

18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I'm sure glad people read the OP. the most recommended Glocks for competition are the G34 and G35. It's really up to you what feels comfortable. You can use any Glock in competition. I own a Glock 35 and I love it. It shoots great right out of the box and haven't had one problem with it!!

19. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Glock 17 in my opinion. Did it for years myself.