Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Glock guy but am looking for a 22 for my wife and daughters to shoot at the range with... whats my best bet? I know no other handguns than Glock...

·
Registered
162 Posts
My favorite .22LR pistol is the out-of-production S&W 422 / 622. They are not pure target guns, but they are a lot of fun to shoot and are very well made. They are very light weight and so they are perfect for younger shooters. After that I like the S&W M&P 22. Same deal; fun, accurate and reliable. I have two of them and they have nothing but awesome.

The most accurate .22LR pistol I have is a Ruger 22/45 MKIII but my wife and kids always go for the 422 / 622 or the M&P 22. They feel the Ruger is too heavy and they don't like the grip.

You could always just buy a Tac Sol .22LR conversion upper for your Glock too. They are a little buggy but a lot of people have and love them.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ruger MK II - III just has a bunch of BS you'll have to remove. (except mag release) (22/45 if polymer fan)

Buckmark also has its fans.

For customization - Ruger is tops

Target Guns - High Std Victor (Hard to find) or SW Model 41. Rugers take some work to shoot w these guns.

Ruger has a new 22 out but I have no experience w it.

Note: SW has nice revolvers n Ruger makes single action revolvers in both 22 n 22 Mag.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Ruger Single Six is a nicely-balanced western-style single-action that offers the advantage of allowing a beginning shooter to step up to .22 Magnum using the alternate cylinder. I can't speak to the accuracy of the magnum conversion, but the .22LR configuration seems pretty accurate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
GlockBurg said:
Thank you sir
Be carful of a lot of .22 pistols cause a lot of these .22 pistols coming out have cheap materials like slides being made of ZAMAK which is a zinc alloy like the S&W 22 pistol and the Walter p22 the RUGER makes slide their slides of 7075-T6 aluminum.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Someone has already said it, but I will repeat it. High Standard Victors and Trophies and the SW Model 41 are largely considered the best you can buy. But prepare to spend $1000 or more for a nice one.

Ruger MK 2 are probably the best overall bang for your buck. Not too expensive and decent out of the box. And you can buy aftermarket parts to slick it up even more.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It's made by uramex a German air soft/BB gun company your "S&W" will have German markings all over it.
Are you sure you're thinking of the right gun. I don't see any of that in the pics on S&W's website. It is in the M&P line and made in Mass just like all the others.

You might be confusing it with the Colt/Walther/Umarex 1911 in .22.

·
Registered
85 Posts
aandabooks said:
Are you sure you're thinking of the right gun. I don't see any of that in the pics on S&W's website. It is in the M&P line and made in Mass just like all the others.

You might be confusing it with the Colt/Walther/Umarex 1911 in .22.
S&W and Walther both get there .22 pistols made by Umarex I did heavy research that's why I bought the Ruger

1 - 20 of 59 Posts