What's our thoughts on the sig p250 45acp compact.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Copeman60, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I've been searching for a new ccw. I've carryed a 1911 for the last two year an I'm ready for a smaller change. Anyone have any experience with the sig p250 in 45 acp compact size? I've also looked into the glock30 slim in 45acp...

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

If I carry a smaller 45 its either my lightwieght colt stainless commander or xdm 45 compact or colt new agent.

I don't believe glocks are reliable enough for carry purposes. I see far too many people with glocks having fail to feed fail to eject issues on the range to buy into the glock reliability myth.

3. sleeper

sleeper New Member

I would say that unless you are practiced with a DAO trigger you will be better served to go with a DA/SA setup or a striker.
    I had a p250 compact for about a year and put about 500 Rds or so through it. It was an accurate well made gun but I ended up selling it and buying a glock 19 for defensive purposes. The trigger is just easier to master. If your up for putting in the time learning to stage that long double action and putting fast and accurate follow ups on target is rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I'm used to the smooth crisp tigger pull of a 1911 so I'm sure it would take some time to master the DA tigger an the long pull on the p250s. It would be a everyday carry gun only. So the 3.9" barrel would be easy to conceal. I also a fan of the caliber changing kits.

5. sleeper

sleeper New Member

May I suggest the new Sig P320. Pretty much the same gun as the P250 only striker fired.

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

And the 320 doesn't just change calibers, it changes Slides/Barrels as well. 1 frame 2 Slides& Barrels if you want. Take down is Easy and fast...

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

My favorite carry 45 is the Springfield XDs. But I think the G30 or G36 are solid options, as is a SA XDm45 compact (similar in size to the G30).

I haven't been too impressed with Sig's 250 series. Just an opinion. YMMV.