What's left out there?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Benning Boy, May 11, 2011.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Just renewed, think this will be my last go around, stuff is drying up.

What do I need to get now, before they're all gone?

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

What???

You make my brain hurt sometimes :(

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I've been admiring the "hard chromed" Yugo M57 on classicarms.us. Classic Arms Inc. I've also started seeing some of these Walther P38 pistols on some different sites; Century must be selling some or something.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

P38/P1's are good, Samco still has really nice 24/47's and Czech K98's.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Cheap Mausers. K-31s are going up. SMLEs have GONE up. I collect Mossberg 22s from the 40s and 50s, and the price of PARTS for those is out of sight. Just lost out on an EBAY auction for a SIGHT for a Mossberg- I quit bidding at $50!

OTOH, the guns I had before that HORRIBLE boating accident would have been worth a lot more than I paid for them back when.

If you really want a bargain, look at shotguns- especially pumps. Some of the Walther P-1s and Makarovs and CZs are still fairly cheap.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Get a K31. Not many were made, and they will dry up.

7. Hillbillyjim

Hillbillyjim New Member

C@R drying up

Cant see how this is happening as firearms older than 50 years[made before may 1961] with a few exceptions qualify for C@R purchase.
    Its true mil-surplus is getting expensive and hard to find, but everything else is getting higher in cost. So C@Rs are good investments and a lot of fun to own and shoot.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Heck, I like using it to buy spare parts with various companies...
    many offer a discount, and they'll sell ya parts that you CANNOT get without an FFL,
    like Firing pins...etc...but an FFL03 pays for itself with the parts discounts alone :)

Also great for older civilian weapons!! It ain't just for Mil-Surps!!

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The CZ-52 has gone up quite a bit from just 3 years ago. For some reason, 91/30's are about the same, but M-44s are going for $200 at some places.:eek:

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I've been torn between this and the Enfield.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Let me elaborate, I've raised concerns....:D

I just got my renewed C&R. I'm not leaving here.

So too bad.:D

12. egghead

egghead New Member

Got a CZ 52 a few months back for $150, in beautiful condition and no import stamp. Sold it to a buddy for the same $150. Since then, all of the ones I see at the gun shows and on the sale forum I use are hitting around $300.

Similar on a Russian Mak I bought about 7 months ago. Price is soaring on them. Oddly, the CZ 82's seem to be holding steady.

At least the Mosins are staying the same.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yep, this is the problem.

Nagant pistols were about $80, now well over $100.

CZ-52s are getting scarce, and pricey.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I know of a Nagant revolver for 80.00 w/ a .32 acp cylinder. Deals are still out there.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  15. Charley

Charley New Member

Get a K31. I passed on them when they were 99$ for unissued ones and I've regreted it ever since.

I'm sticking to Mosins and pistols right now myself.

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

My issue with enfields is the ammo dried up a long time ago...

17. m72law

m72law New Member

the 303 surplus ammo is about all gone..but there is new manufactured ammo.AIMsurplus has 3 flavors of prvi partizan 14bucks a box & its very good ammo for the price:)

i notice the m95 steyr rifles have almost tripled in price sense last year:eek:

i'm glad i bought a few back when they cost 69.00 bucks;)

i will always renew my C&R every 3 years,cause they will be a flood of nice surplus firearms in the near future or when someone ''finds'' a bunker full of goodies!also the older all firearms get,they too will be C&R eligible!

as for things getting any cheaper??

it wouldve been nice to know 20 years ago,a C&R lics. existed:eek:

18. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

There are plenty of surplus guns left out there, just not on the wholesale market, the days of anything interesting showing up in a shotgun news ad are probably few and far between. You'd be surprised what some of the usual suspects have lying around (ie: Centerfiresystems, samco, j&g, cai etc.), if you call them and get ahold of someone that can tie their own shoes they might do some personal shopping for you. I've purchased several nice Israeli's and a Peruvian 1909 that way in the last 8-10 months.