What's it worth

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by PADRE24, Feb 11, 2012.

1. PADRE24

PADRE24 New Member

Looking at a used SA GI 1911 45 on a local hunting forum. Seller claims the gun was bought in 2006 but only has 300 rounds through it.

I'm looking to get a good 1911 for under 700 until I can add a better quality one to my collection.

Is $550 a good price for this and what can anyone tell me about this model? I couldn't find very much material or reviews on it.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Eh....not really. $450-$500(@ the most) sounds reasonable IMO.
    SA makes excellent 1911's. The GI model is pretty much identical to what was issued to the military.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

First, there's nothing wrong with the SA line of 1911's.

But........what you are looking at is a used entry-level gun where the owner is asking near new gun money.

I'd tell him he's mighty proud of his gun and should reconsider asking a more reasonable price.

If he doesn't come down, you should wait a little longer and save the additional $50 to buy the gun new.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/32589/Springfield+GI+5"+45SS+Package

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Work on him a bit to get the price down or to throw in something to sweeten the deal. Ammo, holster, magazines....anything you consider having value. Also keep in mind that if you buy a new one from Buds you'll pay for shipping as well as the FFL fee to get it. Shipping and FFLs can easily add $50 to the price of a gun and in some cases more.

5. PADRE24

PADRE24 New Member

Good advice, thanks for the help!