What's it worth?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by NGIB, Jan 11, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

How about a separate section for the folks that come here to only find out what a gun is worth? We have a bunch of them every week and the vast majority don't return if they get their answer.

I'd put it first under the general firearms section. Just my 2 cents, keep the change...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I like your suggestion there Dave, but I think it would have to be labeled very clearly and boldly, cause it seems that there are just some people who either choose to ignore directions, or they just can't read. :rolleyes:

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Over on WikiAnswers (firearms section) the three most common questions are: 1. How much is......... 2. How old is......... and 3. Felon seeking restoration of gun rights. If you do this, PLEASE have at the top- we need ALL markings, condition, description, and PICHERS! (yeah, I know) I have to delete a lot over on wiki that are "How much is my rifle worth?" and "When was my pistol made?". I just gave you everything they posted. I am tempted to tell them to hold it closer to the computer, but I just hit the TRASH button.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

But how could we possibly keep up with all of the "Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funks???"

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I like your idea Dave. It would definitely keep things a bit more clutter free and organized. hell I sure some have been repeats because folks had difficulty or didn't bother doing a search. :)

BTW, I have this old Crossman air rifle, countless rounds through it. Any idea what it's worth? :p

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You have been very slack in your duty as of late Lon...

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's a great idea, but most will not use it.

Attached Files:

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Bad Idea!

Many sources generate income from selling subscription services and publish reference books to answer these questions.

I know that many of those services are used to answer these questions here today.

That's illegal, and it will draw copyright attention and litigation to our forum.

This is as bad as providing legal advice.

The liability is limitless!

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I think Cane hates me - I'm depressed...:(

Maybe "What is my gun".

I still think it's a good idea to set aside a clearly labeled section for these posts. Sure, many won't use it but the ones that do won't clog up the regular sections...

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Aw Dave, I don't hate you. If I did you'd feel it, not think it!

A, What gun is this/do I have(?) section works for me.

As far as the what's it worth questions; they should all be answered with:

[​IMG]

Or:

Bring on da noise bring on da funk.

[​IMG]

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hell I never thought of that! :eek:

You do have a very valid point here Cane and there are indeed reference books and services that do provide this intel...for a price and we don't want to step on any toes or open the forum up to any litigation.

So, I guess a response to them of "Go piss up a rope!" would not suffice? ;)

Attached Files:

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

"Go piss up a rope!" works for me! [​IMG]

13. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk.

Attached Files:

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

"Go piss up a rope...a long one!" :D

15. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

How much is this gun worth

Yahoo's Answers forum has a hunting section that is full up the same questions. There are about a half a dozen well educated in firearms members there that give good answers to those questions. But as you said so many of them don't give any brands, caliber, actions or model when they ask, (like we can see through their pc and read the side of the barrel our selves) Many misname it because that is what their father, grandfather, grandmother, cousin always called it. And too many of them are Spanish junk that has value only as a paper weight. But the asker is sure you are wrong. Here in our forum I would expect to have better knowledge and better answers as there are a lot of gun savy people in here. Lets open up a thread like that.
    Sarge