What's it worth: AR 15 Complete Upper

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Vertiviper, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Vertiviper

Vertiviper New Member

A buddy of mine is going to be selling a Bushmaster (.223) complete AR 15 upper, standard handguard, A3 flattop with detachable handle, standard charging handle, standard A2 front sight. I don't know the twist or the barrel type but it's whatever came standard on a Bushmaster.. It would be a direct drop in for a completed lower.

He's selling it because it was his father's who passed away recently. It has roughly 100 rounds through it.

Just asking for a rough estamite in today's market. :)

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My first thought is to tell him to hold unto it a bit longer and let the continued buying frenzy dry up the market.

That said Here is one pretty close to what you are describing for $699.

I would say he can probably get around that price for a used one in this market right now if he markets it right....

JD

3. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

With or without bolt carrier group and charging handle?

PK Firearms has complete BM uppers right now, sans the aforementioned pieces, going for $410 new for 16" M4, and $375 for 20" gov't model. Add to that about $150 for the BCG and handle. That will give you a round about figure of what they are selling for right now, new.

PK Firearms - Bushmaster uppers

Slo

p.s. - they go FAST!!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn! That's a good price in this age of AR buying. Great find Slo - Sorry 2V - I might have misspoke.....

But then again, with the way the market is going, take it to a local gun show and put a price on it, see what happens.

JD

5. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I would probably put $600-$650 on the pricetag and be willing to negotiate.

I wouldn't take less than $500 before I decided to keep it for myself.