What's in your Glock family?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ifithitu, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

I carry a G26 daily. Also have a 19, and my old duty weapon G22.

Lonewolf Mcquade likes this.
  2. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

3. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Nothing yet....

glockman55 likes this.
  4. glockman55

glockman55 Well-Known Member

On
    Once you go Glock...LOL

5. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

I am a Glock Guy and have owned/shot them for over 20 years, also carried G19 as my duty weapon for over 10 years. After retirement, I sold all my double stack Glocks and now have a G43 as my EDC and just recently purchased a G48 as a sometime carry gun, That's It!

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Springfield Armory, Ruger and Smith & Wesson are in my "Glock" collection. :cool:

7. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Since posting this almost a year ago I finally found a Plastic fantastic pistol I can live with. The S&W M&P series. I own 3 now; two first gens, a 9mm and a 40; and a gen 2 9mm. All have nice crisp triggers and have been 100% reliable. Honestly I can't imagine anyone would buy a Glock after shooting one of these. They are hands down better guns in every way. Certainly more ergonomic and safer; and MUCH better triggers. A stock M&P trigger is better than the best aftermarket Glock trigger I have ever felt. Then if you put an Apex trigger in the M&P it rivals a 1911 trigger.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My Glock family is not invited to Thanksgiving dinner.

oO_Rogue_Oo likes this.
  9. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

Just added a G17, Gen5
    I'm on a list at my lgs to get a call when the G22, Gen5 comes out in October. Pumped about that one!!

10. G_Whitcomb

G_Whitcomb Active Member

Only one for me. A Glock 26. I prefer more classic styles,revolvers,1911 etc.

(I have a Galco Skyops IWB holster for it that I personally dislike and can’t seem to sell either)

Rifling82 likes this.
  11. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

That’s how I feel about S&W Glock clones, lol.

12. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

20200822_114212.jpg
    G19 with Holosun optic
    ...and a gen 1 G20
    ...and a Gen 5 G40

13. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sill the same, after like 5 new firearms this year, I still don't have one..

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. oO_Rogue_Oo

Since H&K was actually the first polymer pistol to market; by your rationalization Glock would be an H&K clone.

The fact that S&W came to market after Glock only gave them more time to improve the genre; which they did.

Rifling82 likes this.
  15. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Active Member

Plastic or not Glock's are a great value. Mine are stock as a door knob. My carry gun is a G23.4. The others are a Glock 20.3 and a 21.3. Right now I'm working up loads for the G21. I also really like my H&K USP compact in 45ACP. For me, it's too big to carry. Never the less, a great handgun also.

16. oO_Rogue_Oo

See; now I have trouble with that statement given that; just as a for instance; RIA can sell a all steel 1911that has MUCH more machining, finishing etc for the same price as a Glock. How does that translate to Glock being a great value? No, sorry; Glocks are a ripoff IMO

EDIT: Also keep in mind that blue label Glocks sell for $300+ and still make a profit. And you still think they are a great value at $500+?

EDIT2: Glock has a great marketing machine and the koolaid drinkers line up to get behind them. Glocks claim to fame is that they were sold dirt cheap to govt agencies, especially back in the day. And we all know that if XYZ agency uses them then they must be good, and people line up to buy them. Not realizing that the reason that agency bought them was about price and them being "adequate" NOT because they were the best submitted.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Pasquanel likes this.
  17. Mowgli Terry

You gotta admit that it is hard to argue with success.

18. oO_Rogue_Oo

LOTS of successful crap out there; a quick stroll though Walmart or Harbor Freight proves that. Long way from being a "great value" though. LOL

19. Mowgli Terry

It's OK to go out and buy a handgun without being a fanboy or a Kool-aid drinker. How many of these other wonderful handguns are Glock knockoffs to some degree. The point is that the Glock are tough and easy to maintain. I find to more than sufficiently accurate for the gun's intended use

.I was in a pawn shops some years back. In the case was a fully tricked out High Point handgun. Looking at it I wondered if all our tastes were the same that could have been our gun. Incidentally, I have a strong preference for big frame revolvers. Fact is I can buy a good automatic for less than a crappy revolver. Yet again it's what ever cranks your tractor.

oO_Rogue_Oo likes this.