What's in your Glock family?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ifithitu, Mar 17, 2018.

1. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Active Member

I reckon that just makes us different, huh? :) BTW, I am okay with black too, I even tolerate small doses of poly!:p

Maineiak likes this.
  2. ConfusedCaliber

ConfusedCaliber New Member

Just got my first. A Glock 20. Going to the range in a few hours to try it out.

PANDEMIC and NDMarksman like this.

3. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Is it part of the Glock family if it takes a Glock magazine.

4. NDMarksman

NDMarksman Active Member Supporter

Not sure how to answer that one but I'll go this direction.......... Just because I love rainbows does that mean I'm ........well, you know. It rhymes with hay LOL

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  5. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Have you fired it yet? How do you like it so far?

ConfusedCaliber likes this.
  6. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Recently bought two Glocks. A G42 and a G43X. Turns out I really like both of them!

ConfusedCaliber and NDMarksman like this.
  7. NDMarksman

8. ConfusedCaliber

I like it. New sights ordered. The trigger will take getting used to. Functions flawlessly as expected. I just need more trigger time.

9. PANDEMIC

You'll definitely get better and more used to it with more trigger time. I was the same with mine and the more you shoot the better you'll be and the handgun will break in with time.

I just got some some grip tape in, and installed it and ran some rounds through it and my grip is so much better with it on. Tested the light some more and it holds up very well both on/off. I'm very impressed myself with the accessories I've installed.
    Waited a few weeks for each accessorie to come in and installed them one at a time while waiting for the other. So today was when I was able to put all of them to the test at the range and so far, I do indeed trust my glock with my life. :D

20200612_161734.jpg

Lonewolf Mcquade and NDMarksman like this.
  10. ConfusedCaliber

Very nice and thanks for the reply. Yesterday I ordered the Talon Pro grip tape. That will help hang on to the rascal also. I really like your grip tape

NDMarksman and PANDEMIC like this.
  11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

NDMarksman likes this.
  12. PANDEMIC

Was wanting to ask you, how did you get the "We The People" engraving on the slide in the first pic? Was that done for you and if so how much would something like that run?

13. NDMarksman

Glock 19 Gen4 - Right Side View SNBO.jpg
    Those were a special limited run that I believe were not engraved bur rather were Cerakoted by Modern Warriors. The link is: https://modernwarriors.com/product/glock-model-19-gen-4-we-the-people-cerakote-copy/
    I have added some "upgrades" since the original pic was made. She looks like this now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Lonewolf Mcquade and PANDEMIC like this.
  14. NDMarksman

15. PANDEMIC

Thanks appreciate it, I've got a store near me that just recently opened (I havent checked them out yet) but they do custom guns or something like that. Saw their store on my home as I passed by them. So I may bring my glock in one day in its case and see if they do Cerakoting. I don't want to Cerakote the whole slide, but just something cheap like how you have the "we the people". My guess that's probably $50 to have someone do that as to where its like $100 for one color for the whole slide.

16. NDMarksman

WP2-1C.jpg
    Just be cautious who you have do the work! I've had several Cerakote projects done over the years and there's good, and there's cheap. Average price for good (for me anyway) was around $200 for a medium sized semi-auto pistol and another $45 for stripping, prepping, and reassembly.
    Here's a Beretta 92 Type M (single stack Model 92) that I had Wilson do some custom work on. The Armor-Tuff coating done by Wilson in gunmetal gray was $200. There was no stripping, prepping, & reassembly cost since the weapon was to be completely disassembled as part of the work.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Lonewolf Mcquade and PANDEMIC like this.
  17. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

18. NDMarksman

Pics please ……….. don't tease us like that lol

Lonewolf Mcquade likes this.
  19. Buckeye!

Buckeye! New Member

I own less Glocks at this time, than I have in years .. 20,23,23,27,19,30S & 43

As soon as the gun buying craze is over , a 29SF , 21sf and a 26 is on my short list

Lonewolf Mcquade likes this.