Firearms Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
It is actually a modern thing. The handgun was popular in the past for portability. Handguns were less weight on horse and man than a rifle. A revolver and 12 rounds served a Calvary Trooper during the Indian Wars.
Today a hand gunner needs a truck to carry his handgun and supplies to a shooting range. :D

This not a suggestion for the range, but a general rule for every day carry. I always have a flashlight with me. especially if I'm Carrying my pistol. (which is always)

This not a suggestion for the range, but a general rule for every day carry. I always have a flashlight with me. especially if I'm Carrying my pistol. (which is always)
a small flashlight in the range bag isn't a bad idea either.

Tools. Oil and penetrating oil. Bore size hardwood dowels or at least cleaning rods. I have had to do repairs and clear a revolver with a backed out primer. Had to drop a cleaning rod down the barrel into the spent case and seat the primer to open the cylinder. It was a 44 magnum factory round. Dowel would have been better. The dowels will also help with a stuck case if the rim is still in place. Also had to re-seat a bullet from a squib load that wedge went part way into the barrel and part still in the cylinder.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.