What's going on with Winchester?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by MP1000, Apr 16, 2010.

1. MP1000

MP1000 New Member

What's going on with Winchester? I know they closed their main factory a few years ago. Then I read that Browning bought the company, or at least a part of it. I checked Brownings website and I didn't see any products that relate it to Winchester. Then I checked Winchester's website and I saw that they list some rifles and shotguns for sale. I thought they weren't making any more firearms? I thought Browning was in charge of that? Can someone please give me some information on what's going on with Winchester?

Thanks!

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The Model 70 is now made by FN and called the FN TSR USA and TSR XP.

Browning did purchased part of them not sure what part. I am also not sure who is doing the manufacturing now either.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

All I know is that I was sad when I learned they were no longer making 1300s.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

FN owned USRAC (United States Repeating Arms Company, the company that owned the patents on the Winchester firearms) for a number of years before Winchster closed up shop. FN also owned Browning (Hence the BOSS system available on both Winchester and Browning firearms).

The FN Police line of shotguns ARE Winchester 1300's. They are again making Model 70's also.

5. MP1000

MP1000 New Member

What about the model 1894?

6. superc

superc Member

Well, if you own one, and if they remain unavailable, it will probably do better than the stock market over the next 30 years. :)

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The model 94 will be made in Japan,just like the rest of the limited edition rifles.
    They are not going to be cheap priced any longer,and only a few will be produced every year.

Model 94 -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Family