What's going on with USPS???

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ManInBlack83, Dec 4, 2010.

1. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

I just mailed a money order to a shop in VA via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation on 11/30. When I check the tracking it doesn't show that it's Priority Mail Class and it still hasn't arrived. I recently sent another money order the same way two weeks ago to VA and it got there in 2 days. Has anyone else started to notice anything like this with USPS lately? Has the holiday rush, errors and delays started already?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's the new postal training noboma has instituted.

He has the airline's union baggage handlers training the postal workers. :eek:

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

your money order made it to Richmond and got stolen. Richmond's sort facility has more thieves working for it car theft ring. I have lost over $400 to that effing place. Don't worry you won't get it back either because the postmaster down there is an effing moron and more than likely the one behind it all because he/ she won't ever do a dam thing.

[/RANT OFF]

4. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

I called the 1-800 number and explained the situation. That was a waste of time. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it makes it there sometimes in the near future.....and use UPS Express from now on.

5. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

You can until Obama takes them over.

6. Fatso

Fatso New Member

Everyone wants their pay frozen. You still expect great service? /endsarcasm

Sucks, the postal service is a bear to deal with if you have a problem. Best of luck!

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't want their pay frozen. But when they are thieving from you year and year how are we supposed to feel about them?

What how come we don't have a postal worker on the forum? I mean we got everything from CEO's to ditch diggers around here.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I just called my post office the other day cause the lazy bastages are leaving packages on the garbage can in my garage. The garage has no doors mind you. All they need to do is walk their old asses up the stairs and knock.

9. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Postal workers (along with congress) are exempt from the proposed wage
    freeze, so that's not the reason.

The reason is they are a bunch of inept idiots. The "tracking" feature is a
    total joke. Everytime I've paid attention to it, I have the package in hand
    before it even updates to "in transit". Absolutely NO consistency. Package
    will make it across country in 2 days, next one takes 2 weeks. Had one
    transfer from Fedex to USPS 143 miles from me---showed up 31 days later.
    2 months on a money order once--it DID show up. They "lost" a flat rate
    box with 2000 124 gr 9mm bullets in it. The list goes on.

HOWEVER--Flat rate shipping is the cheapest way to ship lots of stuff.
    It's just a crap shoot with no accountability if there is a problem.

10. russ

russ New Member

Yup, USPS is a gamble. I ordered a flip up front sight for my AR and USPS lost it. And they were no help whatsoever in trying to track it. Fortunately the retailer is sending another one (hopefully UPS).