What's going on In New York State?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rman598, Nov 18, 2013.

1. rman598

rman598 New Member

Since the (un) SAFE ACT things have been wierd. Most of the counties in NYS are against it and most law enforcement wont enforce it. There were also a bunch of lawsuits against it.Does anyone know what's going on with those or have any predictions about what will happen. Most of the state is pro-gun. Much of NYS is rural with gun owners. It's just that most New York gun owners dont even care anymore they just ignore the laws.

2. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

I'd like to know myself! I've been looking for someone who will Atleast ship a saiga 7.62x39 unconverted here, it's impossible.

3. rman598

rman598 New Member

Its like most gun owners just pretend nothings happening. It's a shame that we are letting this happen.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The baby steps taken decades ago to erode gun rights in that state entirely are finally approaching their destination. People are only now beginning to realize the consequences of small "common sense" measures. Hunters used to figure those ugly black rifles that they didn't understand, or handguns, would tie into eventual total bans or dredge restrictions that make no real sense or differences in crimes, other than making gun owners into criminals.

5. rman598

rman598 New Member

I know. Criminals are being let out of prison to make room for gun owners with "dangerous" folding stocks and "high capacity" mags. The funny thing is a 30 round mag is standard for an AR.

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

You New Yorkers need to jump ship and move to Oklahoma or Texas, you'll pay a hell of a lot less property tax, won't have to worry about your gun rights and live in the wide open spaces....

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I think I prob. Have made my last trip back at this point. I was so annoyed both times I have been back since. Even for business, I was just fed up with the crowds, the dirty smelly people, and the nastiness...sad because I spent most of my life there....

8. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

As soon as I can find a job or someone offers me one in the Carolina's Florida or Tx I'm poppin smoke on this lib-turd paradise

9. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

You were smart enough to get out Doc, that says a lot.

10. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

And I would still be there if I didn't retire from the teaching gig early!!