What's Brass Worth?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ninjatoth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I was going to reload for my .44 mag,but I may not and If I don't what can I expect to get for my once fired brass?Like for instance I have about 400 empties that I might never reload?

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I can usually buy big bore pistol brass (41mag, 44mag. and 45colt) at gun shows for about 20 bucks a hundred.

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I'm sure someone on here that reloads them will gladly cut a deal with you. I would be interested but I don't have a 44 mag. Atleast yet :D

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I see pistol brass in several gun shops. It is 4 to 10 cents each. Depends on caliber. At 10 cents each you would have $40 worth in your stash.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

its also good for trade fodder. lots of folks here trade brass.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I think the operative term here is "might". You will regret getting rid of it should you choose to reload in the future. Try to find a friend that reloads and learn to load your own using his gear. You will get hooked pretty quickly.

If you are interested in trading, let me know what you need. I can always use more .44 brass.

$20/100 is kind of high (IMHO) unless it is really nice cleaned and polished Federal brass.

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I probably will just keep saving them,gives me an Idea of how many rounds I put through my new S&W and I can wow someone someday when I have about 20,000 in a gym bag or something;),About 2/3 is Magtech and the rest is Hornady so far.