What your favorite cut of steak?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DodgerBlue, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Got into a debate today about steak. Guy here at work t-bone this, t-bone that.

I told him he could stick that t-bone up his candy @#$

I enjoy a porter house and a tri-tip. But my favorite above all is the NY.

Nothing beats a med. rare NY 14 oz beauty. I have never seen larger than 14 oz. I mostly see 10-12 oz.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i will second porter house and ny strip.

tbone is best made into hamburger...

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Tenderloin when I am watching my fat content.
    A juicy Rib Steak when I'm not.

And.... Pan Fried with a trace of Olive Oil, Montery Steak Seasoning. Crisp on the outside, Rare, Rare, Rare on the inside.

But we need to enjoy them before they are outlawed. I'm sure that with the recent findings on red meat, It will have to be banned under ObamaCare

4. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Any steak prepared properly is good grub,,, I prefer a nicely marbled Rib Eye as far as beef goes,, moose and elk steaks are the best chewing to me,, of course a nice wild hog shoulder steak is some fine eatin' too.

Good dining,
    Jeff

5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Filet Mignon :)

And using this guide to grill them has made all the difference in the world

6. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Kc strip from one of my home grown cattle

7. fmj

fmj New Member

I LOVE a porterhouse done medium on my grill!!!

A little lesson for you haters...

T-bone and Porter house come from the same basic cut...one a bit higher than the other.

Porter house...1 side is the strip, the other side of the bone, the tender part, is the fillet.

So porter house and T-bone are a NY strip and a Filet together...the t-bone just has a smaller filet.

8. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

As the OP of this thread. May I ask for a sample of said KC strip?

Your own cattle. Thats awesome.

9. mcb

mcb New Member

I prefer the type on my plate.

10. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

A 20 oz porterhouse med rare or a cowboy cut Rib eye. Or a KC strip.or a good prime rib. But I will not turn down any steak that is put in front of me!

11. fmj

fmj New Member

Well put!

Its pretty damn hard to screw up a good cut of beef....not that it cant be done, i am SURE my wife could do it! :D

12. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Sure come on over the grill is hot every evening between 530 and 630. And if you have always had store bought steaks and never one from someones personal heard your in for a treat.

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I love a good NY strip and Ribeye, but honostly i would rather have a big ol sirloin out of any cut

14. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Yeah, all I ever have is store bought plasctic wrapped or air filled type packaging.

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

You, sir, are seriously lacking in one of life's best experinces. Home-grown beef, pork, chicken or anything else is to die for.

When I was a kid my sister found out that the chicken we were eating was one she had given a name. That was nearly 40 years ago. She to this day will not eat chicken unless she personally takes it out of the shrink-wrap package from the store. Pathetic. Home-grown is the best food.

16. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Make mine rare please. Just knock off its horns, wipe its a$$ and toss it on my plate. :D

17. steve666

steve666 New Member

First choice is a properly aged, Prime NY strip from one of the three great steakhouses we have in town, grilled rare-medium rare. Second is a Rib Eye cooked the same way. Seasoned with a little salt and black pepper.
    1. St. Elmo's Steakhouse
    2. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
    3. Morton's Steakhouse

[​IMG]

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I like a New York Strip steak.

It reminds of a time many years ago several of us from work went out to a steakhouse. We all looked over the menu and we were asking each other, "What are you going to get?" The guy sitting next to me asked me and I said, "I think I'm going to do the New York Strip." As soon as the words were out of my mouth I realized I made a mistake. I started laughing hysterically, you know that nervous sort of uncontrollable laughter. After he sat stunned for a moment he said, "Is that different than the Illinois strip?" I'll bet I turned twenty shades of red. And then when our meals came, mine came with a HUGE sweet potato. It was almost bigger than the steak. Of course, there were comments made all around, "Look at WoC's big potato!!" It was pretty funny but I couldn't wait to go home. :eek:

19. sbitter

sbitter New Member

I'm a huge fan of flat iron steaks if there done right. Or a good tri tip