What would you recommend Psa or bcm upper?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tyson, Mar 9, 2012.

1. tyson

tyson New Member

Hey everyone what would you recommend Psa upper or Bcm? Psa is cheaper but I am willing to pay more to get
    More if the bcm is a better buy.

2. tyson

tyson New Member

Kinda rude of me but I recently joined I've been on these forums though reading educating myself. My name is Tyson and I am ready for the second ar and I wanted guidance on which upper to purchase.

3. frostyone

frostyone New Member

I just put together a BCM and you absolutely can't go wrong with them. I have also heard great things about PSA but I would have to give BCM the advantage on this one. Great product and great customer service.

4. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I'd say BCM out of the two. I'm currently planning my next build and plan to go with a complete BCM upper if I can do so.

5. tyson

tyson New Member

Hey frostyone how was the accuracy on your bcm? Thank you for the info btw

6. frostyone

frostyone New Member

I haven't really done any bench rest shooting. I went with a light weight close range type rifle. The furthest I have shot was 50 yards standing up. I have read of other BCM uppers with really good accuracy. Someone will probably be able to post more info about accuracy later on. I wanted a rifle that would eat any ammo I could stuff in it and so far it has done that perfectly.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Of the two, definitely BCM. PSA would be ok if on a tight budget.

8. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

My BCM 16" lw bfh is capable of 1 moa at 100 yds as long as I do my part. I have no regrets with my BCM

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

For a build on a budget, PSA has a good albeit relatively new reputation for value priced, quality products. Their stuff hs all the right specs for great prices. I honestly think that they are going to be raising their prices again soon.

BCM has one of the greatest reps in the industry for quality products. You can't go wrong.

For a light use plinker/range rifle Id go with PSA.

For heavy use/home defence role I'd go with BCM.

10. tyson

tyson New Member

Thank you guys for the great info and feedbacks I think I am going to go with bcm then.

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'll throw in my $.01

Of the 2 there's really no comparison as they have different target audiences IMO. If your other AR is of high quality, like a BCM, and you don't plan on filling your safe w/ ARs the PSA would make for a nice trainer allowing you to keep the round count low on the other. Then again a .22 AR would fill that role nicely and save you money.

I recently had to make the same decision. I kept going back and forth weighing pros and cons such as price, use, shipping time, CS, QC, and overall quality.

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

So, which way did you go? And in the end, what was the deciding factor?

Come on man, can't leave a story hangin' like that!! :D

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

BCM SS416 w/ a 13" VTAC.

14. tyson

tyson New Member

I want a high quality ar. My first ar is a delton but that thing is a workhorse ate anything I fed it. But on this build I wanted a hight quality weapon and wanted it to be my go to gun.

15. frostyone

frostyone New Member

This sounds like the perfect application for a Bravo Company upper to shine.

16. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Nice!.........

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

18. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Daniel defense upper with a good quality lower and a DD lwp....unstoppable.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

19. tyson

tyson New Member

How many lbs is the pull on the dd lpk?

20. tyson

tyson New Member

Oops I thought you said lpk never mind