What would you rather have?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by cblowe13, Jul 29, 2013.

1. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Xds .45 with 400 rounds or kimber ultra carry 2

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Here we go..
    Depends on the situation.. Buying? Trading?
    EDC? Service? Range?
    New? Used?
    Personally I traded a Gen3 G19 for an ultra CDP and have no regrets.. I had an XD9 and it was a great pistol..
    I personally don't think you can go wrong either way, depending on the situation of course.

3. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Trading, carry, both used. Just want something I could spend all day at the range with as well and comfortably carry.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

The Kimber may be worth more money. But I would personally probably go with the XDs. I've heard bad things about Kimbers and their warranties.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

^^^^^^
    I agree.
    The only thing that would stop me from going with the XDs is the recoil.

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I wont own another Kimber....And being a 1911 guy that does not care for striker fired pistols much that is saying a lot.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  7. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Wow alot of hatred for the kimber? Don't know much about them but love a 1911. Can't decide between the two plus the xds only hold 6 :/ shouldn't need anymore but like to be sure.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

It might just be a few random guns. Never heard bad word one about them.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

After my experience with Kimber customer service and repair I would take the XDs. They had my Pro Crimson Carry II three times, and each time it came back it was worse than when it went in. I don't mean the same problem got worse each time they had it. I mean each time it came back it had additional problems on top of the first one that still wasn't repaired.

I have several friends that have Kimbers. All of them are happy, but theirs worked right to start with. When they make a good firearm it is a very good one. When they make one that isn't good they lack either the skill or the will to make it right.

10. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Between the two I'd rather have a Bersa UC 45...and the 400 rounds.

11. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

That will push me far from a thousand dollar weapon. I do know those are a dime a dozen, but you got to get it right after the first trip.

12. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Being the guns are used, warranty will be a non factor with the Kimber, not sure if Springfield's warranty will carry over to a new owner or not. My initial thought would be no but idk for sure.

Any chance you can take them both out for a day and shot them both before making your choice?

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

SA XDS .45 over a Kimber any day of the week.

14. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

You are not going to shoot the xds all day. Recoil isn't bad in my opinion, but it does wear on you after a while. It will wear your hands out due to how aggressive the grip is.

15. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

I have had the opportunity to shoot the XDs,
    I want one.
    That being said, it is not one that your gonna want to spend a day at the range shooting.
    The recoil isnt real bad, but not really a range gun.
    Great for ccw though.
    Kimbers are good guns, but I feel over rated and over priced.
    IMHO.

Jim

16. JW357

JW357 New Member

A lot of gun companies' (Taurus, for example) warranties follow the gun, for the life of the gun.

IMO, a gun as expensive as a Kimber should have a similar warranty.

17. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Didn't know that! That's pretty damn cool!
    I agree, Kimbers should have a serious warranty too.

18. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I got to shoot a XDS this afternoon. Ran into a guy at the range that had a brand new one that he hadn't fired yet. He let me shoot the second mag through it and it was very nice to shoot with 230gr. factory ammo. It was even nicer when I ran a mag of my 185gr SWC reloads through it. With a sleeve to soften out the grip it would make a perfect compact .45.

19. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

While I'm sure both are great guns, I wouldn't care for either one. Just send me the 400 rounds of ammo. That I can use.

20. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Lol no free Ammo in this world