What would you do with $150 Million?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by hillbilly68, Jan 19, 2009.

1. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

What would you do with $150 million?

Support several charities?

Pay off some significant debt?

Nope. Lets throw a party. Thats the cost estimate I read this morning for the inaguration, 150 mil. Some of it ($41 mil) "private" supposedly not from special interest groups (yeah, right). The rest was/ will be paid for by...hold your breath...us. The US taxpayer. Unemployment is at recent record highs and climbing. The country (well, the Army and Marine Corps anyway) are at war, there are unprecedented bailouts, and we face a deteriorating economic situation in our Country. Why, why, why would we choose to spend our money on this? The inauguration needs to be done right, I got it. Security and ceremony must be first class. Absolutely. But c'mon, 150 million? Leadership is doing the right thing for the ones you support and lead. Discipline is doing the right thing when no one is looking. Guess its up to us individually to decide if this lives up to either.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The arrogance, ego and Narcissism of this "man" is truly staggering.

$150 Million dollars all to CELEBRATE ME!!

Unbelievable.

*thumbs down, middle fingers up and a junk punch*

JD

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

That is my number one peeve in this world..........

+1 on hillbilly68's post.

Leader's must lead by example, discipline, and selflessness. I currently do not see any of those traits being demonstrated.

I will take my last chance before tomorrow (then he will be my CINC and I am bound to be respectful at all times) to say that he is a poor choice of leader for this country. I am hoping that the young people in this country will find someone else to be their role model. The upcoming administration had not displayed the core values that is needed to serve this country. I am hoping that I will be greatly proven wrong. We'll see.

We have an interesting 4 years ahead of us.

4. Charley

Charley New Member

Seems like I remember when GWB was last sworn in all the sheeple media whined that that money would be better spent on hungry children.

I guess a "Coronation" requires a more expensive setup...............:mad:

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

"Four years ago, the Associated Press and others in the press suggested it was in poor taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on President Bush’s inauguration."

Hypocrisy Much?

JD

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Oh, Bush can do it for $40 mil, 4 years ago, but this guy can't do less than $150 mil? The media will say that extra has to be spent on security because D.C. is really close to those that still cling to their guns and religion. Unreal. :mad:

7. Musket

Musket New Member

Personally, if "I" were being sworn in during the midst of this economic meltdown, I would look to: short, sweet and expedient.

My thought would be to have the swearing in done on the floor of the Senate (Or some other equally available venue) with just Congress, the Supremes and a few close friends in attendance and instead of live people--televise it everywhere so that all people can see (regardless of if they can afford the price of attendance).

I would have a pre ceremony of some sort with a few speeches and a convocation. Then the oath, then maybe the anthem, and some closing remarks.

I find the current three day "coronation" ceremony an insult. I for one am not going to watch. :mad:

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Peter: Hey Lawrence. What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do;

Lawrence takes a sip of beer then looks at Peter - very serious

Lawrence: Two chicks at the same time man.

Peter: That's it? If you had a million dollars you'd have sex with two women at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn right. I've always wanted to do that man. And I bet if I was a millionaire, I could hook that up 'cuz chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter: Not all chicks.

Lawrence: Yeah, but the type of chicks who would double up on a dude like me do.

Peter: You might have a point.

9. user4

user4 New Member

I'd buy a lot of homes for a lot of people. Either that or use the money to bribe Ehud Olmert to nuke Syria.

10. MephistosMinion

MephistosMinion New Member

Start a private military contracting company, then make more money, live like a king, give to charity, eat lots of double quarter pounders and be merry.

11. lvl4 Ninja

lvl4 Ninja New Member

I have put a lot of thought into this one. Here is what I came up with:

By a small island off some coast somewhere. Pay all the boats in the world to stay away from it. Pay all airlines to never fly over it. Pay all telephone companies to never run phone lines to it. Import a couple farmers to grow food and livestock. Allow one boat to dock into a secret dock that is hidden from the islanders as well as satellite. Just in case I need to get emergency supplies to the island. Once thats all done.....Put my mother on it!!

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

lvl4 Ninja,

Pithy and ponderous? No wonder no women want you and I don't want to be you. :cool:

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would buy a senate seat then buy the presidency. DUH stupid.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're NOT PC enough for a Senate seat or the Presidency... LOL

JD

15. lvl4 Ninja

lvl4 Ninja New Member

Hey skull I think they were talking about you on another thread. Thats ok, I just brought the pic over here for ya. Tell Mom I said Hi!

Attached Files:

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'd pay my ammo tab. :p

Those .50 BMG 'heat seeking' rounds are expensive! :D

17. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I'd buy a large black coffee. With suger.... a lot of sugar because in a few weeks that's all it will buy.

18. laynejc

laynejc New Member

150 mil. some land in the middle of no where build a house, a few more guns that Ive been wanting, some ammo, retire and live off the land save the rest for when it is needed for things like taxes, couldnt put the money in the bank, that would require paying income tax