What would you do if

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Chester, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Chester

Chester New Member

The government (or local law enforcement) comes to your home and ask for all your firearms?
    Think about this one for awhile before you answer, Don't say anything you may not carry out.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

How I'd react would depend on the situation. Some clown without a warrant will get a "What firearms, officer? You want to come in to look around? May I see a warrant? Well, you go get a warrant and come on back." sort of response. If they force their way in, they keep what they can find.

Immediately after (or during, if possible) such an encounter, I would be on the phone to friends and family warning them what's going on.

If possible, DO NOT keep all of your firearms and ammo in your home. Stash something away for a rainy day.

The follow-up question I have is this: What would you do after this particular bravo sierra went down?

3. Chance_P

Chance_P New Member

I'm gonna have to go with bkt on this one. If they don't have a warrant they aren't coming in, but if they do then they will take whatever they can find (;) )and I won't stop them.

4. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I'm with you on this. If they find 'em, they can have 'em. If.

5. Chester

Chester New Member

Isn't it reasonable logic to think they would have a warrant?

6. bkt

bkt New Member

During the largest illegal firearms confiscation in the history of the United States in the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans they didn't have warrants and they didn't write out receipts to gun owners.

7. Righteous

Righteous New Member

well if they got all the correct paperwork they may take them and as soon as they leave I will head to the black market to start buying everything and anything i can find that will shoot and all the ammo i can and start stocking up

8. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

"I had someone break in last night while I was at work and steal them."

9. scoutman

scoutman New Member

"Certainly Officer, the only firearm I have is this old shotgun"

10. Righteous

Righteous New Member

someone broke in my hoause last night and replaced everything with Identical stuff

11. fluffo63

fluffo63 New Member

..i look for it to happen soon..LOL:D

12. Landor

Landor New Member

If that day comes with no disaster for a reason on a country wide scale this country is screwed. It will never be the same again afterwards.

13. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

It won't happen without a major reason. How many LEO's do you think belong to this forum and don't admit it? Anyway, this came up in another site last year, and someone mentioned they had kept an old rusted out 38 just for that purpose. (How many here have NRA stickers on there windows, or 2nd amendment stickers on the bumpers of the cars. Makes you easy to spot, don't you think?)

14. kirby62

kirby62 New Member

I live in Baltimore city so I would give'em up, then go down to the nearest street corner and buy alot of the same stuff again

15. bkt

bkt New Member

First, take a look at this link:
    http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/miltarysurvey.htm

Note question #46. Note these statistics:
    truthorfiction.com correctly says this was not an official DoD or Pentagon survey. But that doesn't matter. The survey was confirmed to have been administered and those answering the questions were unaware of the origin of the survey.

When you take that and consider what the local police and National Guard did in New Orleans, it should be apparent that things would get very interesting very quickly if they tried a confiscation on a large scale.

Did you people read about the joint U.S./Canada "Civil Assistance Plan"?
    Domestic civil disturbances? Hmmm....

Glen, the "reason" the government might give to LEOs, the Guard and possibly the armed forces is unimportant relative to the apparent willingness on the part of the folks in these organizations to disregard the constitution and lesser law.

16. Chester

Chester New Member

If martial law is imposed will a warrant be necessary?

17. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

In a word, "No." A warrant has to be based on probable cause that the officers will be able to find evidence of a crime. In order to get a warrant, officers have to write an affidavit to the court, explaining IN DETAIL what the crime is, and why the officer believes there is evidence of that specific crime in the location to be searched. As long as firearm possession is legal, there is no crime in simple possession, unless of course you live in Washington DC, New York City, or are a convicted felon, under indictment or convicted of domestic violence. I know about warrants, because I'm the guy who had to write the affidavits.

Now, having said all of that, that assumes the cops are playing by the rules and don't have a corrupt judge who is willing to issue a bad warrant.

Often times officers will conduct what is known as a "knock & talk," where they try to bully people into letting us in to search. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The original idea for those was to pressure known drug dealers out of the neighborhood in those cases where you know what they are doing but can't prove it. Over time the practice has been used to push a political, anti-gun agenda by the local "big thinkers."

My reply would be, "Go away and leave me alone until you get a warrant."

18. Doug1627

Doug1627 New Member

Sorry to go off topic. What does LEO mean?

19. airlink

airlink New Member

LEO means Law Enforcement Officer. One issue I can see if there is a mass round-up is the people with CCW Permits. Guess whos door will be knocked on first. It's a good thing I carry a rusty old 38 with round nose bullets. ;)

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

"Would you hold on a second while I contact my legally entitled legal counsel? I would like to have him review this document for authenticity prior to compliance..."

Baring that, I am going with Scoutman ^:

Exactly. Here are a couple of relics that were handed down by my grandfather and a pistol that I bought about 20 years ago. Would you mind if I took pictures of them prior to you taking them? Can I get a receipt? Would you sign here please?"