What would you bring with you?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by kfox75, Jun 28, 2012.

1. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have been through the threads in this sub forum a couple of times, and have seen some good ones. Lots of good information and great food for thought, but there is one subject I have not seen brought up yet, so here goes.

If you were in a survuval situation (WROL, SHTF, ETC.) and you had to bug out, what is the one piece of personal propety you would bring along with you if possible? Not a gun, knife, survival guide, or other necessity, a a "luxury" item if you will. Something to pass the time with when you are not being shot at or running for your life. List multiple items if you want.

My choice would be 2 or 3 paperback books, or a deck of cards. Probably the cards as they will take up less space, and could be enjoyed by more than one person at a time.

Hope you all enjoy this thread.

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Mary Ann. Oh, wait, that was the island. Still...

3. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Coffee, or copenhagen an lots of it

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The more I think about it my having coffee may be a survival necessity for whoever is stuck with me. I'd say tobacco but I think that's in the same class, so I'll go with applejack.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Toilet paper! I panic when the TP gets low so for me that is a luxury item. If there was power, I love music and would bring my ipod. Cards and dice are always good.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. vincent

vincent New Member

A freshly stocked beer truck...;)

7. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

When the SHTF, I bring Death...

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

After spending my entire tour in Afghanistan in the field, I've learned something about myself. I DON'T NEED any luxury item in that situation. But, if it comes to just a simple question of "want"...

A deck of cards was quite handy in Afghanistan.

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

After laying in the hospital from gunshot wounds, yes combat wounds, i found that i like a womans touch the most so im all in for bringing a woman with me oh yea axxe so cards for when the woman says be gone for seven days you you you well u get the point.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I think I would go cards also , you can pass alot of time with a deck of cards, I put a set in my BOB after reading this .

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Shaking my head for a few reasons that if I state people may think I'm strange. Having a companion would be good.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ohh come now let it out zombie girl, the worst is yet to come lmao

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have learned from experience to never say that to a woman. Whether it's a secret or emotions or even a fart. You will regret it.

14. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Whooooooo buddy that went south to south

15. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I was mainly thinking that I don't understand the seven day business because there's no need for a break. One can work around this if they truly want to......

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You're awesome. Lol

17. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

I'd take Trip, that may count as a necessity though.... I'd take my dog.

18. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Your a freakin bad azz woman man ol boy is lucky