What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by like2fly, Feb 9, 2010.

1. like2fly

like2fly New Member

What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.

2. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

[​IMG]

Just sayin'........

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Who are you?

Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Buy one get one usually works for me...:D:D:D

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Make me? A good deal on a cz82, a cz52, and that Draco AK pistol would be plenty of encouragement for me. Of course, a free box of range ammo or some range ammo at 2006 prices would be great.

edit* Gork, did you mean you would need one to quiet her or???

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  6. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

I'd say free ammo in the amount equal to the price of the gun,I.E. $500 gun you get $500 in free ammo, for you who live in pricey states, 500 is not a lot of ammo, that's a hour shooting a 45 or 12 gauge or any thing bigger then a .22, when i did my range report on my 1911 i grabbed a few boxes of 45 and a few of .410 and i dam near went bankrupt, that s#!t ain't cheap.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

A copy of "Going Rogue". Autographed.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You mean I need a reason to buy one?

9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Lowest possible price for the particular model I am looking for, nothing else. "Free" anything with a purchase isn't free, it's just added into the price of what your buying. Interest free financing, I wouldn't recommend anyone ever purchase a firearm they can't afford today, except maybe their first one but that shouldn't be crazy expensive if you can't afford it, it should be utilitarian. Firearms are actually pretty good investments for the most part, but if you can't afford the pay it off today you should probably save the money you do have for more important things, like more ammo for your existing firearm.

Field test trial period, yeah I think that is a good idea but difficult to implement legally unless you are renting the gun from a range.

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Seeing one of those friggin camel spiders in my house...damn!

11. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

:D very nice

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I have a spare copy...how should I sign it?

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Just give me a good quality firearm at a realistic price and I would buy it if I can afford it.

When I worked at the gun shop I lost track of how many guns I bought and sold, but it was a ridiculous number. Thankfully, I only miss a few. :eek:

14. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

One word.....impulse.

If I happen to be in one of the local gun shops to use their shooting range and I happen to see something that strikes my fancy, I'd probably buy it.

Note: I'm single (divorced). I live in an apartment. Both my major credit cards are paid off, as is my car (1996 T-Bird V-8). My job pays quite well. I'm lucky in that way.

15. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG]