what would be an interesting shot

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Im lookimg for a new challenge i can have fun with. I can already split a card at 20 yards...what do yall think a real challenging shot would be

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Strike a match at 50.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Drive a pin at 100 yards.

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Damn thats a good one, think ill try that

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Dont think the range master will let me do that. Im thinking of taking a 6x6 cardboard cut out and put cards around the edge all the way around and try to hit them right after each other. Think itll make a good youtube video

6. texaswoodworker

Why wouldn't the range master allow that? It's one of those things that you could do without anyone knowing. Who could actually see something as small as a pin 100 yards away? ;)

7. texaswoodworker

I thought of another one that would be AWESOME.

Get a manikin, and make it hold a single playing card. Place it out at 1000 yards, and put a round through the card without hitting the manikin. If you can do that, I could see you winning any accuracy competition. :D

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

On a sunny day with a black pin on white papper, i shoot outdoors and i live in Texas so the chance of fire would be a no go

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Come on man 1000 yards with a pistol, thats a little extreme. Id do it at 50 sideways

10. texaswoodworker

Oops, I didn't realize this was in a pistol subforum. My bad. :eek: If you could do that with a pistol, I'd call you the greatest shot who has ever lived. :D

11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Hmmm now for a manikin, im pretty confident i could do both tgink ill make it a youtube video too

12. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Ricochet off tower 1 and hit plate 2 with a ricochet to the backboard and throught the hoop.

13. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I've done this many years ago and its pretty impressive to onlookers. You need either a tall bank or lots of open field, and a calm day.

Place a couple of helium filled balloons about ten to fifteen yards downrange, tied by white string. Cut the string with your first shot and bust the balloon with your second as it rises, then shoot the second. This is especially impressive using a single action revovler.

This is not as hard as most folks think as the balloon rises very slowly at first. Also, semi-wadcutters or wadcutter bullets work the best. A round nose bullet will nudge the string aside at times, and also fail to pop the balloon, just pushes alongside the balloon.

If the wind gets up, forget it.

Bob Wright

14. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thats interesting, i would need to find a good place for that or start digging

15. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Another impressive shot is to use the center core from toilet tissue or paper towels. Tape up each end and place them endwise to you. Shoot through end to end without cutting the sides of the tube. PVC doesn't work too well as the bullet can skid along inside without cutting the walls.

When you've done this, try it with empty 12 ga. shot gun shells, shoot through the open end and through the brass base.

Last step in this series is to shoot a .38 wadcutter bullet into an empty .38 Special case. Thios needs to be a nickeled case as no matter how hard you secure the case, it'll usually go several feet, and the nickel case is easier to find. It will be split and lead spattered, but the remains of the bullet will be at the head of the case.

Bob Wright

16. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

And, two things:

1. Never, Never use a human being to hold your targets. No matter how good you become, a slip up can be a serious wound or fatality. It not worth the risk.

2. Never, ever, use trickery. Once you've done a shot using some trick, your self esteem will go down considerably. Your shot must be of your own effort.

Start doing you easiest shots first, if before an audience. Then more difficult stationary targets and last of all moving targets for your finale.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

17. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Last week was my first time in front of someone to split a playing card, it was a little harder cause of the stress

18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I'm calling pure BS on everything stated here.

19. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thats thr one i carry in my wallet, ill show a pic of the joker when i get home. The joker has more damage

ForumRunner_20121027_011659.jpg

20. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thats thr one i carry in my wallet, ill show a pic of the joker when i get home. The joker has more damage

View attachment 66551

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.