What would a football coach do with a bunch of Tasers?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by theferg2000, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

I saw something today that is just bugging me, and i cant figure it out. Went into a gun store today to look at carry anywhere guns for me, and a bigger caliber carry for my wife, and there was a REALLY big guy (probably 6'6" and 300 lbs or more) in there buying out the stores supply of tasers.

Well i figured he must be a bouncer, but the store clerk asked him about what he does, and he said he was an O line coach for a high school here in KY. I think the clerk must have been a little curious too, as he proceeded to ask what are they for, motivation? The guy just kind of barely chuckled, hardly said two words the whole time. I noticed his car was somewhat of a pimp mobile "big shiny gold and chrome rims, black windows, big stereo system, etc").

I know it is none of my business, but i just cant put my finger on why anyone would buy that many. It is a bit alarming as a husband, when you see a big guy clearing out the store's tasers.

If nothing else, it reminded me of how much i need to push my wife to practice, practice, practice and get serious about getting her .22 upgraded. A guy like that would chuckle maybe a little louder if she shot him with it, then choose from his array of tasers. Not saying he IS a bad guy... just reminded me of what she COULD face.

Anyway what was up with all the tasers? Anybody see something obvious i am missing?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

woud make mugging someone aweful damn easy.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's very strange, but I don't know enough about it or him to speculate.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Maybe he was getting them for his ho's. You gotta take care of you ho's man then makin u the benjies.

5. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

LMAO -- That is what worried me, maybe they are recruiting tools. Didn't want my wife to end up being one! I sold my Pimp gun (golden desert eagle .50), so i gots no mo ins yo!

I just could not put it together... a weird thing.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Had a friend that WAS a real secret agent. Whenever anyone asked him what he did for a living, his standard reply was "I sell Revere Ware. Need any pots or pans?"

The buyer may be running a security company. Who knows?

But tell your lady she needs an upgrade on that double deuce anyhoo. If she shoots someone, and they find out about it, they will be pissed. :rolleyes:

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

if he was an imam or a priest we would know its to pacify little boys...

8. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

LMAO - That was a good one!!!!

The great thing about it was that she thought the guy was a pretty scary guy. So i finally go her to see my point about shooting someone like that (and a trunk full of tasers) with a 22. So as of today... she is all aboard. We are starting with a .380 and going up to a 9 and then .40 from there.

9. Tactical_Lever

Tactical_Lever New Member

Well that's kinda different.

So, with your wife, is it a carry weight/size thing? Or is she a little scared of bigger guns? My Bride has wee little hands, and is not overly tough, but she has no problem shooting a 1911 in .45 ACP.

10. Tactical_Lever

She also loves my Uberti single action .357 loaded with .38 Special pressured ammunition.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You did note that thread was from 2010?

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

You issue them to the offensive line for the big play of the game. 24-36-zap-hutt

13. Tactical_Lever

Actually no, I just saw a thread in a bar and clicked on it...:eek:

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

My wife carries a .327 mag.............I carry a 922 most of the time !................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.