What with the Zombie Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gun Shows' started by MoreAltitude, Nov 25, 2012.

1. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Went to a gun show today and stood toe-to-toe with a huge assortment of zombie related death tools. At one table a guy was selling shovel handles with spikes, mace's, etc etc.. Now I've seen and heard about a lot of zombie tv shows and movies recently, but for someone "NOT" in the know, what is the zombie apocalypse stuff about??? Survivalist stuff???

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. eltoro

eltoro New Member

Simple answer

The zombies are we the people ! And a way for people to prepare for a disaster. Now imagine if the government comes out and says we plan on killing people for being upset for a attack on our constitution.

This year on Halloween the government had ZOMBIE TRAINING :eek:

Well what I am prepared for is what ever happen "hurricane, Earth quake, riots, home invader, and a SHTF situation :cool: " I guess ZOMBIES fall under SHTF LOL ;)

Now some people well they are just that some people and will always be some people and if we did have a ZOMBIE OUTBREAK well they would be like the guy in the zombieland movie laying dead in his hummer with a back seat full of guns ! Just because you have them doesn't mean you know how to use them ;)

Here is the link to zombie training article http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120917/TSJ01/309170011/Military-Government-Train-Using-Zombie-Crisis-Scenario

3. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

This ZOMBIE stuff is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen related to firearms! It's all sort of juvenile IMHO! Lol

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It's just referring to any type of disaster situation. People just say zombies because if your ready for zombies your ready for anything.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The zombie stuff is just to bring in more sales. With the way Obama has his been helping all these businesses shut their doors everyone needs extra sales.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

One way of thinking is "Zombies" are literally the walking dead. Infected people returned from the dead.
    Another way of thinking is "Zombies" are lawless people capable of mayhem, lacking any sort of human qualities. Two legged wolves that kill, rape and plunder at will. Kind of a SHTF scenario.

7. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

You take it much too lightly. Here is your tip of the day.

Attached Files:

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The zombie thing evolved from a few things.

On Internet gun forums as far back as 10 years ago people would use "zombie" instead of "bad guy" when saying he wanted a gun for self defense as a way of dehumanizing an intruder or mob of people after a disaster or social unrest. It was kind of a thinly veiled attempt at being politically correct. Then when the assault weapons ban went into sunset the term was used more.

Then came hurricane Katrina. There were mobs of people and looters and law enforcement gaps an breakdowns. People now had a demonstrated circumstance where such firepower could be a comfort and an essential survival tool.

FEMA caught some wind of the term being tosses around and in typical governmental misunderstanding of social trends they took it a but out if context. But they put a positive spin on it and when they put out a guide for people to make disaster preparedness kits for their own regional likely disaster they mad the kit generic by calling it a Zombie preparedness kit. They stated that if your family was ready for zombies then they could weather a storm, earthquake, floods, tornadoes, etc. for a few day I a couple if weeks until logistics were put back in order.

Then the gun market decided to jump on the band wagon and make products for the new government recommended kit that were left off the governments list (no firearms or ammo were in the FEMA list).
    Hollywood caught some if the zombie buzz and began ramping up on zombie shows.

Next thing you know almost no one knows how we got all these zombie products and shows.

9. mountainskytop

As much as I find this ZOMBIE craze ridiculous and also humorous, I am well equipped to take on ZOMBIES as well as enraged elephants! Lol

10. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Well now I get it, makes more sense now. Although I'm still laughing at the gun show vendors selling pitchforks and spiked instruments at ridiculous prices, seeing that if SHTF i could make all that stuff in my tool shed faster than I could buy it at the show and bring it home. To each his own. My zombie defense plan is as follows...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  11. eltoro

eltoro New Member

Now I always wonder why people buy bright colors to hide and wait to kill zombies ? I don't think glow in the dark green is a good camo ! But I may not be informed also ;) LOL

12. mountainskytop

Zombie stuff is ridiculous! Lol

This ZOMBIE stuff and craze has its very amusing moments driven by clever marketing, but I think it detracts from the serious consequences of using deadly force of killing a even remotely resemblance of a real "human being"! It may desensitize the issue but remember some people really take it (Zombie Stuff), quite seriously and then THAT is VERY scary!
    Have ZOMBIE fun but alway keep the lethality issue in perspective to reality.

13. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Being prepared for a natural disaster = Very good common sense.

Being prepared for a zombie attack = Your an idiot.

14. Squawk

Squawk New Member

15. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Can't really fault someone for trying to make a profit from other peoples paranoia.

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Anything with images of zombies on it is expensive. Even Walmart is jumping on the bandwagon. Wally world has cases for a short rifle that are $20 for a black one - They are $80 for the zombie pattern and a piece of leather on the zipper - exact same gun case.

17. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

But cool, I wish I owned one

18. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

The real end of the world build!!!

Attached Files:

19. mountainskytop

Hornady even has warnings on their Zombie ammo boxes that it is live and lethal ammo just in case the large number of stupids out their don't realize it! Sad!