What website do you buy off?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Frank827, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Frank827

Frank827 New Member

Hi everyone!
    Wanted to check with you guys to see which website you guys use to buy gear and gun accessories? I usually use midway it's a tad more expensive. CTD shipping prices are ridiculous. I just tried out Botach tactical ordered 3 lancer mags and some froglube to try and other small things, takes them a week! (Ordered 2-4-12) just to tell me half the stuff I ordered is out of stock and backordered for 3-4 weeks. And by email they ask me if I wanna change my order I replied and they've yet to get back to me... Who knows of reputable websites with decent prices and good customer service???
    Thanks guys!

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I like Amazon.com for most of my gun accessories and needs.
    I have dealt with Amazon.com for many years and have confidence in their honesty and reliability.
    Most of what I order is at my home in 3-4 days.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm with ranger on this. A lot of their gun accessories have free shipping and are cheaper then most others.

4. godale

godale Member

i go back and fourth between ctd and midway.if its not a big order it is usually midway the ship is a little better

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i use either MidwayUSA or Midsouth Shooters Supply. both have in the item description if it's in stock or needs to be backordered. so you know up front if it's available or not, and MidwayUSA even tells you when they should have them back in stock and also tells you if an item has to be special ordered. i used CTD once or twice, but their shipping costs are too high, especially when part of your order comes from one warehouse and part of it comes from another, two seperate shipping charges! Midway and MSS both have great service and fast shipping. another one i use and have had great luck with is Brownell's. they aren't cheap, but carry a lot of gunsmithing tools, lots of parts and accessories and lots of things needed for working on guns. plus they have a lot of information on their website in tutorals and how-to-do if working on a project. i recommend them highly. of the three, i use MidwayUSA the most.

6. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Gunstuff4you.com hands down. Prices are right, no extra shipping and good customer service if you have a problem. They are a young company but they add new things all the time

7. Frank827

Frank827 New Member

Thanks, just have amazon a shot pretty good prices and some shipped free. Pretty nice.

8. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

I like Midway USA, they carry quite a lot of hard to find stuff.

I've been buying from CDNN for many years, http://www.cdnninvestments.com/specials.html never had any problems. I only place my orders on weekends because they have cheaper shipping then.

I had a run-in with CTD maybe 10 years ago. They charged me for a repo-M1 Garand rifle case but never included it in my order.

When I contacted Cust. Serv., the lady said they would send it BUT they were going to watch me very carefully, because they did not make mistakes in their shipping dept.. That was the last time I had anything to do with them. :mad:

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

amazon midwayusa sportsmansguide. all decent to good prices, shipping and Great Customer service

10. Frank827

Frank827 New Member

What did they mean by watching you very carefully? Like on future purchases?

I downloaded the catalog on CDNN lots of good pricing. Thank you!

11. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

CTD is not the most reputable company out there so be carefull

12. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

I like MidwayUSA the best, there shipping is very reasonable and it's the fastest I've dealt with. Cheaper than Dirt is a joke when it comes to shipping sometimes I think they make up the price of some of the products by charging more shipping than what it really cost.

13. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Cabelas...I watch them close for deals...I order and pick up (1/2 mile from me) no shipping charges. Natchez is good too.

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

When I am looking for gear, I google search and hunt for the best combination of price and shipping. Amazon works out the best many times, but I have no loyalty to any site. I don't think I have bought ammo from the same site twice; never any bad experiences, just the deal of the day.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

I usually start with our vendors here on ftf. If they dont have what i want i go to midway. I look closely at shipping costs. Midway shipping is generally ups with tracking number that works. Their shopping cart is really usable and saves from session to session.

16. RhettButler

RhettButler New Member

They may be out of the current markets;but, I used Natchez Shooting Supply for several commodities.
    Shot straight.

17. jebsca

jebsca New Member

For me, I look around to see who has the best deal with shipping. Have been using amazon for years, but have never got gun supplies from them. Will have to keep them in mind. I like cabelas, and may have to use them more as they are opening a store near by next week.

18. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

For magazines, there's none better than 44mag.com

19. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

20. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Sorry for the late reply Frank, I just noticed your question. :)

Yep! thats exactly what she was saying. Kinda like I was some kid they caught with my hand in the cookie jar. The gist of what she was saying was, "Ok we know you are ripping us off but we are going to let it go this time, just never let it happen again!" :eek: Really torqued my jaws, never ordered from them again.

Now with CDNN I place an order about every month. The only problem I've ever had with them was about ten years back they sent me the wrong mag.

When I called them they were nice as could be. They sent the right mag out that day and told me to just keep the wrong mag for my trouble, Great Folks!

Midway USA has never screwed up an order in 30 years, good people there too. Take care, Ken