what was your first job?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sharpshooter1997, Mar 22, 2013.

1. sharpshooter1997

sharpshooter1997 New Member

Mine was working with a lawn care buisness. Other known as weed eater boy.

2. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I worked at an auto body shop, I detail cars on the side, and now I work part time doing lawn care while I'm in school.

3. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Paperboy! Then the local car wash....that job was freakin sweet

4. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Dishwasher at a local Vietnamese restaurant I slept more than I washed dishes

5. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Bag boy in a Publix Supermarket.

6. fordracing

fordracing Member

Detailer at Dearden Buick

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

The first job I ever had was picking butter beans for $2 a bucket. It took me all day to fill one bucket. Then the farmer didn't have change so he took us to a convenience store to break a twenty. I spent my $2 on lemonade after spending the day in the sun. Came home with a few coins.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Fossil-izing..., getting ole , real ole..! :D But actually , I worked at a tool -n- die company tuning plastics injection molds , faces , textures , folds and wrinkles in cloths , all the little details you see in toy figurines , stuff like that and I was
    17.! :)

We are talking Full time jobs or I was a paper boy for years earlier..!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  9. racer_x

racer_x New Member

My first one was in a machine shop

10. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Paperboy. Then a dishwasher. Loved the dishwashing job, got all the free food I wanted and worked with, and for great people.

11. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Bagged groceries at Jewel-Osco. First two years were fun then new management came in, and it wasn't the same.

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Working on the family farm, thinning watermelons, pulling weeds, lugging melons out of the field. Raking & baling hay, feeding it in the winter. Pushing calves into the chute for branding, castration, vaccination, etc. Building & repairing fence.

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Hmmm... Paperboy I guess.

14. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I was a boy toy for a rich cougar. Nah, I can't back that up.

15. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Working in tobacco. I didn't care much for farming, so I joined the Air Force.

16. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

One of my earliest jobs I had I spent a summer being a Hoddie for a team of three brick masons. I worked my young butt off. It was a god awful pace/grind but I earned a good wage and earned some respect. But best of all I did learn to lay a plumb brick course.

17. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

My first job was at 15 years old, in the local flea market. I worked for the poster guy. He sold t shirts, posters, leather goods and other assorted rock-n-roll paraphernalia. Great fun. It was like 5 blocks from my house so I got a lot of hours.

18. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

worked as a tree cutter/grunt at one of our local National Historic Sites. sometimes was hard work but i was 16 & trusted to run a chainsaw :cool: . lots of clearing & maintaining walking trails & removing dutch-elm diseased trees. first day on the job i found 39 wood ticks on me, second day 32, third 28, & so on & so on. just amazing i didn't get lyme diease.

19. rurak

rurak New Member

I worked at a pet supply store in high school and I poured gypsum floor underlayment as mu first full time job. Good wages and hard work. It was perfect for me when I was 18. It taught me to appreciate what I do now which is Elec trical.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  20. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

First paying job? Construction labor for my uncles business. Then thoroughbred farms. I was raised on a hay and beef cattle farm in Missouri. So that I guess was first.