What Was Your First Firearm?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by idareya, Apr 4, 2013.

1. idareya

idareya New Member

The first firearm I bought myself was a Remington 870 12 gauge. I bought it from a pawn shop in NC. Lets here your story of your first firearm.

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

A Glock 21, purchased the day I was shot at because I repossessed a beat up Volvo station wagon. Never picked up another car without a gun. Only did that job for three more years but have been carrying everyday since, 12 years.. Paid $125 for that pistol, should have never sold it.. Great gun

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I'm in Nc as well..

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Remington 582 Christmas 1967

5. idareya

idareya New Member

I was traveling at the time. I don't live there.

6. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

The first gun I ever had at all was a semi auto colt 22/45 rifle my dad bought when he was 15 at sears. It is in my closet now with a broken trigger mechanism. First hand gun was also given to be my dad a glock 30 but I sold it when I turned 21 so I could by a pistol I wanted.

7. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

My first firearm was a Cricket bolt action .22. It's a great gun for introducing kids to shooting. Very safe and accurate too.

8. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Ithaca single shot 22. My dad bought it for me when I was 7. Still have it.

9. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Ah, Carolina is a beautiful state with decent gun laws :D thanks for stopping by :D

10. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

first one I ever had was a Daisy 2202 bolt action 22LR. my brother & I both got the same gun for Christmas the same year, I suppose my parents did that so there wouldn't be any fighting over who's gun was better.

first one I bought myself was a 1943ish FB Radom VIS 35. I was looking at getting a 1911 & found that for sale in a local hardware store. the price was right & I knew it would be collectable someday, I didn't realize it would only take a couple years for it to be worth twice what I paid for it.

I still have & shoot both guns.

11. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

First shotgun was a Stevens single shot with lots of drop to the stock and being a "dumb kid" I never considered firing anything less than an "express load"!
    First handgun was a Christmas gift, a nine shot, High Standard Sentinel revolver, which I still have.

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

The first firearm I ever bought is a mossberg 802 plinkster. Bolt action .22. Bought it when I turned 18, for $110 after tax. Has gone everywhere with me, I own a fair amount of guns now, and I still find it fun to shoot, and still accurate. It has iron sights. One day might throw a cheap scope on it for fun.

First handgun was a Taurus 24/7 pro ds in 45 acp. Bought it because I could afford it. Shot well and did what I needed it for. Traded it off for a SKS. I do miss it as it was my first pistol, but I like the SKS. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

First gun? H&R single shot .410, literally on the day I was born. First that I bought for myself? M1 Carbine, at age 16, from the A&N store in downtown Richmond VA. Put it on layaway, and paid it off $5 a week- all $35 of it.

14. ajhaag19

ajhaag19 New Member

Winchester 1300

My father wasn't much into firearms I was 10 and begged and begged for one
    He came home with it

15. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

I purchased a Glock 32 after going to the range with my son and shooting his g23. It is still my favorite sidearm.

16. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

A Marlin Model 60, I think I paid less than $100 for it from KMart in 1975.

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

My first firearm was a handgun. I made the single shot pistol in the farm shop one winter. It was a muzzle loader firing truck bearings about .30 caliber. I used blasting powder for a charge. The ignition was a battery operated igniter. It served me well until I got a well used H&R Sealed 8 .22.
    I guess that is why I have spent years and thousands of dollars always looking for a better handgun.:D

18. Wolvee

Wolvee New Member

My first was a Ruger P89.

19. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

Rossi 410 break barrel that came with a 22 barrel killed my first squirrel with it haha I still use it to shoot carpenter bees with rat shot because my other guns won't eject the shells after the crimped part opens up.

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Smith & Wesson Model 411. Could have kept it for sentimental reasons, but I really didn't like that gun.