Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when my high school friend turned 18 and purchased his first gun (Mosin Nagant 91-30). Two years later my 18th birthday came and my friend sold me his first Mosin Nagant for $80. To this day I still have that Mosin and by far my favorite rifle in my collect.

·
Supporting Member
12,183 Posts
My first what you call centerfire/high-power rifle was a Savage 340 in 222 Cal.
Followed later by a Marlin 336-C in 30-30 cal.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Marlin 1894P .44mag lever
Marlin 1894CP .357mag lever

We never had arms around, when I was growing up. Over the years I'd shot several, here and there, with friends and in the Scouts. Didn't own my first sidearm until the my early 30s; and first rifle/shotgun wasn't until I was in my 40s.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Dad bought me a 22 and a 30/30 before I could buy a gun myself but when I could buy I chose a Wingmaster 870 which cost me a paycheck and a half. Never regretted that one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
33F0D98F-8222-41AF-A010-5B3888F2A5DB.jpeg
Ok kids. I’ve posted this picture before so I apologize to those that have seen this before. I bought this Browning Nomad when I was 14 years old. 49.95 and it took all my summer lawn mowing money. Couldn’t believe my mom said ok! Dad and I went to R.S. Elliott arms in Kansas and bought it. George Lawrence holster came later and it cost 20.00. Still have it today with the black and red plastic box.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
My first rifle was a Winchester pump Model 06 that was a family gun. I was in grammar school. Ike was president.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
My first was an Anschutz. 22 bolt. (Left handed). I remember i was about 5 or 6, and sneaked into the dining room and grabbed it from under the tree.
I had the thing open and my Dad walked in. He made me rewrap the it and put it back under the tree.
I didnt get to use for .... well forever it seemed because if that.
Dont know what happened to it... Dad probably sold it after i learned to shoot right handed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
First firearm that was actually mine was bought at age 15 from a family friend (Dad was there and with his permission of course) with money I saved from mowing lawns. It was a JC Higgins bolt action 16 gauge full choke shotgun. It really wasn't good for much except squirrel hunting. I did kill my first deer with it though using slugs (shotgun only state). I ended up selling it to a friend when I was in the Army after I got a Mossberg 500 12 gauge.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
View attachment 232490 Ok kids. I’ve posted this picture before so I apologize to those that have seen this before. I bought this Browning Nomad when I was 14 years old. 49.95 and it took all my summer lawn mowing money. Couldn’t believe my mom said ok! Dad and I went to R.S. Elliott arms in Kansas and bought it. George Lawrence holster came later and it cost 20.00. Still have it today with the black and red plastic box.
What town in Kansas?

·
Administrator
34,386 Posts
My first gun was a GP100, 6” barrel, stainless steel.

Reactions: kfox75
1 - 20 of 53 Posts