What was the first gun you ever bought for carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by GEORGIA, Jan 14, 2011.

1. GEORGIA

GEORGIA New Member

Mine was a Glock 21,got it when i turned 21 (get it? Im 26 now).I never liked the looks or feel of Glocks,and i hate the double safety triggers.I bought it because they have a reliable reputation,and i will say,it only failed once,during break in.

What was the first gun you bought for carrying?

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I bought a ruger specifically for carrying, but I like autoloaders after all.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

my first carry gun was a desert eagle 357mag. it was also my first centerfire pistol. while i didnt buy it for the purpose of carrying it became my first carry piece. at the time i was a student in college and everywhere i went i had a backpack which made it easy and very naughty at the tme. but i wasnt about to become a spree killer's target and have no way to fight back.

my first carry piece i bought for the express purpose was a para-ordanace P10 45acp ten shots.

[​IMG]

it had tritium night sights which were pretty new for the time. i had them put on as they didnt come with em. i regret selling that little gun. it was a better quality piece than what para makes today.

4. dantfitz

dantfitz New Member

I first bought a Smith & Wesson 22A when I got my CCP 15 years ago.

5. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Mine was...

A Nazi-marked Walther P-38, all matching, non-import.

Back then, they had relatively little value and I was ignorant as to it's historical value. All I saw was a nifty 9mm double-action pistol that was affordable and seemed durable. I carried it on my first right-out-of-high-school job as an armed security guard.

I still have it, only now it's cleaned and oiled and tucked away in my gun safe.

6. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

S & W Mod 67. I wasn't even 21 yet, my mom had to buy it for me. I needed it for duty carry. A few years later, I had some bad ammo and blew it up.

7. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Ruger Speed Six stainless steel 357 with a 2" barrel, Bianchi leather shoulder holster.

8. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

My first carry gun was one of the first multiple purchase I made, so it was either, 9mm UZI, 45acp Thompson, HK VP70Z or the AMT .45 Hardballer.

Later on the lawyer wound up with all of them

My first CCW was a little NAA Revolver I was so afraid someone would see it through my pocket:D

9. murraywc

murraywc New Member

S&W 638 was the first I bought for CCW still carry it sometimes, Then a Bersa 380, and a Kel-Tec P11

10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

My first carry gun was given to me by my dad, a New England Firearms .22 mag revolver.
    First one I bought myself was a S&W Sigma .40.
    It was a good gun, but I ended up trading it for a 1911.

11. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Jon, how long ago did you buy that Para? I bought that model in 1999, and love it.

12. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Mine was a Kimber CDP Procarry. Bought it in '98 and it is still my primary CCW weapon.

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My first gun bought for carry was an EAA Windicator. .357 mag with a 2 inch barrel. Really good gun for the money. Like carrying a brick around though. It has since been retired to the bedroom closet. My wife is thinking about carrying it. She is taking her class a week from tonight.

14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Its been a few years. But the first gun I actually bought to carry was a Smith and Wesson Stainless 2 1/2 in. Model 66 Smith 357 Mag. Also carried it in a ankle holster most of the time in the summer.

15. rob072770

rob072770 New Member

My first carry gun

1911 Bobtail waiting on a new lighter 1911 titanium frame Caspian in 45 apc

Attached Files:

16. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

Glock 22 in .40. Nowadays it's usually a G26 or G19.

17. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

Glock 36 was first bought for carry. Next was a Ruger LCP then the LCR.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

19. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

XD 45 compact. Good winter carry here in Oregon. Medium framed compact with 10+1 capacity, riding in a Supertuck.

Now I'm working on a warmer season carry. I'm liking all these single stack 9mm subcomps that are about to hit the market. I'll probably snag a PF9 for the time being, while I sort out the PM9 and yet to be released Sig P290, Kimber Solo, Ruger LC9, etc.

20. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

First gun I carried on a regular basis was a M9...

The first gun I bought for carry was an XD40.