Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 381 Posts
First "gun"? daisy quick silver pellet rifle.

Real gun? Mossy 500. I was ten, I'm starting to think it's why I have shoulder problems now. Too young for such a gun I think, especially with the amount of shooting I was doing.

First pellet gun: crossman co2 pistol when I was about 13
First rimfire pistol: Walther p22 given to me by my dad when I was 18
First centerfire rifle: ak47 I bought when I turned 20

Technically the single shot lever action .22 passed down from my grandpa to my dad and then ultimately to me was my first gun but my dad is actually still holding on to it along with an old Ithaca .22 repeater. Eventually I'll be putting it in my safe.

Rossi 20Ga single shot for my 12th birthday
Ruger 10/22 for my 13th Christmas
And a Winchester model 70 in 7mm rem mag for my 15th birthday. Still have all three and not planning on parting with them anytime soon!

My dad gave me a Winchester 62A for practice/fun and a Steyr 6.5 x 54MS for hunting when I was 14.....40 years ago.

My kids along with a lot of other youngsters learned to shoot with that ole Winchester.And when a bunch of us get together it still is the one that most sort of gravitate twds.Don't shoot the 6.5 nearly enough anymore?Shopnut

Mossberg bolt action 22. The "plinkster."

Savage .22 lr semiauto mag fed, got it from wally world for $105.

Well now THAT's an interesting first gun Junior! How'd you arrive at that decision!?

My first gun........a Ruger GP 100 I bought a little less then two years ago. I was a very late bloomer. :(

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I'm a late bloomer too...didn't own my first gun till I was 21... needless to say ...I'm still 21 lol

Remington 870 12 ga special purpose...
Mossberg 500 12 ga
Henry lever action 22 :)

@TooStrongTerry

Well now THAT's an interesting first gun Junior! How'd you arrive at that decision!?
Lol well I asked my buddy to help me pick a first weapon, he's a gun crazy Texan and is our unit armorer so very knowledgeable about firearms. Took me to his regular gun store Collector's Gun Exchange in El Paso and when the guy was showing me bolt actions, he put the Ruger GSR in my hands and it just felt 'right' ya know? My buddy proceeded to tell me about Jeff Cooper and his Scout Rifle or general purpose rifle concept and I thought that it sounded great so I made my purchase and have been very pleased so far ^^

21 - 40 of 381 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.