What type of gun is this?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by crixus28, May 19, 2014.

1. crixus28

crixus28 New Member

Please identify make/model, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

As far as make and model, closer pics would help. Markings on gun should help.

Could be a Springfield XD or a HS 2000. (Both are pretty much the same gun, one just has Springfield's name for importation and marketing. Made in Croatia.). Caliber would be hard to tell from the pic.

Last edited: May 19, 2014

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

What he said up there ^^^. Holding it too far from the computer to give you a positive answer, not enuff pixels in the picture.

4. crixus28

crixus28 New Member

I'm not a troll, it's the best/only picture I have, thanks to those that helped.

5. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

If you could take a picture close up with your phone, you could use the FTF phone app to upload a better picture. Then maybe someone could identify it for you.

Welcome to the forum!

6. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

I recognize that to be the "Mabalene Cheetah" model.. The CCW carry case is the giveaway..

Operator also requires high heels, tight skirt, perfect hair, and a firm butt.....

7. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Looks like a Springfield XD/XDm. Just a better version of the POS Glock pistols.

8. armoredman

armoredman Member

The grip safety is the dead giveaway - XD or the original, the HS-200, AKA the Croatian Sensation. Not a Glock. Not bad guns, either, handled one back when they were the HS 2000, not bad.

9. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

That's the big black scary 30 magazine caliber clip per half second shooting operator pistol... Or in other words a Springfield XD/XDm. Maybe even a XDs?

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

so who's bathroom are you in, taking pictures of their gun?

maybe if you just asked the person who owns the pistol you took a picture of, maybe they would tell you. just saying.

11. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Looks like it belongs to a female (is that politically correct?)

12. Axxe55

am i the only one who thinks this is a bit creepy?

he's in some lady's bathroom taking a picture of her gun.

now why is he asking us what type of gun this is instead of asking the lady who owns the gun?

seems a lot strange, or a troll if anyone asks me.

13. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Sleep well your instincts are intact.;)

14. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

Yeah Springfield armory xd/xdm, the grip safety cuts it......

From that pic, I can't tell the contour of the slide, but it one or the other......

15. sleeper

sleeper New Member

Springfield, I can also tell you she drives a Honda, uses opti-free contact solution, takes a few prescription medications, has straight hair, and a home alarm for which she uses a key fob remote to arm and disarm. AND she might not appreciate you posting a picture like this online.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks like a random picture off the internet or from a magazine. I seriously doubt this is some creepy stalker taking pictures in some stalkee's bathroom.

Let's not automatically jump to the troll conclusion. Young? Perhaps. Insufficiently versed in firearms? Sure. Looking to expand knowledge on topic? Apparently so.

Let's give him/her a break till we know more. We used to welcome newbies until they were proven to be trolls. Once proven, pounce away

17. Axxe55

fair point Robo. you're right and yes lets give him the benefit of the doubt here guys.

but it's still a bit creepy in a way Robo!:p

18. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

That's what I was thinking Axxe, I mean all you have to do is read the slide on the gun and you have answered your own question....:rolleyes:

19. Axxe55

in all fairness, Robo brought up a valid point. it may be just some random picture he got off the internet. honestly, i didn't think of that myself.

lets like Robo said, not jump to conclusions yet and give hem the benefit of the doubt right now.

20. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Yeah, right Axxe....Iam game