What type of AR-15 do I have?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by LaVan_54, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaVan_54

LaVan_54 New Member

I recently bought this AR from my cousin. He stated that he had bought it from a co-worker who was ex-military. As you can tell the rifle had some work done to it. It also have a 5 digit number on the lower that someone stamped into it and it seems like something has been welded inside by the safety mechanism. I just want to know if anybody could determine the make of it.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

So, do you have a tax stamp for that firearm? Barrel looks to be under 16".

I assume that is a mock suppressor, if it is real, you need a tax stamp for it as well.

If you have no stamps on a class 3 firearm, well let's just say it's a pretty big problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

and threaded with a suppressor.. take a look at the left side of the AR. it should have serial number, model , name of company, and place of manufacture. possibly a rollmark on mag well.. this should tell you what it is.. as fatr as the inside i dont know.. looks almost like someone tried to do a repair of some sort. possibly had an issue with the rifle and thats why it got ditched... did you see it shoot, or shoot it before your purchase?

honestly looks like you got the wrong end of that deal...

4. LaVan_54

LaVan_54 New Member

I honestly dont know what a tax stamp is, im doing my research now. All I have stamped on the weapon is a 5 digit number.

Yeah its a mock suppressor. I put about 1000 rounds through it already, its very accurate and super loud. I blew a rabbit head off at 80 yards.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

http://www.atf.gov

that rifle you have there looks to possibly break many laws.. just saying.

6. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

I would recommend maybe going and burying it in the ground somewhere far far away until you find out if you should have it in your possession or not.......

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Return that to whomever you got it from. Since you dont know what a tax stamp is, and if your in the usa, your in illegal possession of a nfa item. Just for starters the barrel is way too short

It also looks like someone made a poor attempt at converting to full auto.

Further posts about this will be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.