What to do?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by captianfish, Apr 17, 2010.

1. captianfish

captianfish New Member

This is my first post to any forum. I'm sure something like this has been discussed before. I would like to get rid of my Taurus 327 Fed. Mag. and get a Ruger LCP or LCR for wife's CCW. I bought the Taurus used last year and it has spent most of it's life with me at the gunsmith, after shooting all six rounds the casings are very hard to eject. Went out last weekend and i'm still having the same problem. The gun is also heavy. I do like the 327 Fed. Mag. round, but ammo is hard to find. Looked at both the LCP and LCR, i'm having a hard time deciding. Or should I go with a different manufacture in one of those calibers? Any thoughts?

2. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

The Rugers are great guns. Taurus products are hit and miss. The lcp is a very good pocket gun. I know of no reasonably priced, centerfire handgun that is more concealable than the lcp.
    If you want to stay with the 327 (it is a better round than the 380), Ruger also makes the sp101 in the 327. It is not a lightweight gun. It is built like a tank, though.
    IMHO, the lcp is a great little gun. That is why I bought one within the last 2 months. I spent the money for crimson trace, because the sights are nearly absent.

3. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Taurus. I would recommend you look at a Ruger SP01 or a S&W J frame. They may cost more, but both are reliable revolvers. You may find a good used one if you look around.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Dump the Taurus!

I have both the Elsie Ahrrr (LCR) and the Elsie Pea (LCP).

[​IMG]

^ For me it's the Elsie Ahrrr hands down. Big guy with big hands.

[​IMG]

^ The Elsie Pea is my daughter's and I don't like it. And no, not because it's pink, because its too small. But she loves it!

I think both hold up the Ruger name well with their quality and performance.

I would not hesitate recommending either to you or your wife.

Hope this helps.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I have to give the Yell See Are max props for being a very light can of High-Density Whup-Ass. I can say that because my fingerprints are still on the one in Cane's pic. It's what a CC handgun aspires to be and then some. Very concealable, very light, very simple, and very deadly.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

I own a Taurus model 94, .22lr, I love it, it's accurate and lightweight. Why all the hate for Taurus? Must confess, had to buy they Lovely Young Miss Freefall a lightweight anti-bear handgun this week and avoided a Taurus Tracker .44 mag (my first choice) because of negative Taurus noise on this site. Went with a 10 mm auto, for weight and ease of carry. If she gets eaten I'm coming to see some of you.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

PS. I am enraptured with my SP101. Can not go wrong with it as a carry gun.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Id recommend a Ruger LCR or a S&W 442.

9. Missileman

Missileman New Member

My wife has a Ruger Sp101 in .32 H&R Mag--very easy to shoot. She shoots mostly 32 S&W longs in it for practice--you can do the same with your 327 Mag--much cheaper and more pleasant for practice.

10. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Negative personal experiences.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member