What to do with the squatters?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by GMACK, Aug 31, 2010.

1. GMACK

GMACK New Member

A while back I made the suggestion that I wasnt going anywhere as we really had no where to go to. I was suprised at the number of people who agreed with me. We have about 8 1/2 acres which has a pond (water) and wild game so I feel we can live (survive) for quite awhile tilll things get hard. As food/water runs out in near by towns (20,000 give or take) 25 miles away how do us crazy prepared survialvist deal with the unprepared?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

How would you deal with squatters currently? OK, now subtract the stuff that other people or entities that might become more limited do in that process. In other words, you will eventually have to kick them out, probably forcibly.

At some point, that probably will get quite nasty, good luck.

edit* Perhaps some large, protective dogs would be a helpful addition to your clan? The shelters usually end up with a few extras that you could pick up cheap.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

If they are of some benefit, can hunt, fetch water, work the land, shoot strainght, brought their own ammo and weapons; KEEP 'EM!!

If they are the free loading type, run them off!!!

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Squaters= Diddley Squat

You have to look to the Future. Kill every one you Don't Need and can depend on........Your life Life Depends On it.!!!!!!!:eek::)

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Try to make a deal with them which benefits you excessively, and if they don't want to play ball, shove the bat up their azzez. Beeswax is beeswax, and all.

6. user4

user4 New Member

It's a good rule of thumb. You can be a benevolent dictator, but be a dictator. Don't let "democracy" make you powerless in your own land.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Squatters? You just have to know how much to lead them. ;)

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Remember, in a SHTF scenario, not everyone is gonna be squatters...some are gonna be takers and short of being killed, they will stop at nothing to make yours, theirs.

One can only stay hold up in their house for so long, unless you have a tunnel that leads from the house and exits somewhere out away from it.

Just saying.....

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

How do deal with squatters? Head shots at 200 yards is what I am thinking.

10. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Hold your friends close, and your enemies closer.

11. CA357

Actually, it's a really good question. It's something I hadn't thought much about. My thinking has been more about repelling hostiles.

This will take some pondering.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

If you think about it, squatters are hostile, just not as immediately or directly; they use up resources that you will be needing to stay alive or healthy. What if they decide a favorite pet of yours is on their menu; the line between aggression & competition can seem pretty thin to me.

Is that "passive-aggresive" activity?

13. CA357

I'm thinking in terms of exchange of useful skills. All other situations will be met with extreme prejudice.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Quoted for truth

15. GMACK

GMACK New Member

Pretty much got the kind of suggestions Id thoght Id get. Im anti-social as it is so if we had a complete break down of society it would not be diffcult to for me to let folks know they werent welcome to visit. Someone made the suggestion about having plenty of food and ammo on hand. Ive been working on that. Decided you cant have to much. Someone also made the suggestion about having large dogs. Got it covered. 2 mastiffs, 4 great pyrenees, St. Bernard and a Newfouland. And of course my attack Dachusand.

16. bkt

bkt New Member

How you deal with squatters is how you deal with any situation when the SHTF. You weigh the situation against your circumstances. Are you part of a tight group that is well-armed and well-fed? Maybe you just want to clear the squatters off your property, preferably letting them live, using appropriate force.

Or are you pretty much alone and in trouble? Maybe you could use a couple other people to work with, in which case you might want to approach them in a dominant fashion, but offer to let them stay in exchange for their help (assuming they know what they're doing and could be of benefit to you).

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Alternate plan: squatter = dog food.

18. GMACK

GMACK New Member

Going to have to feed them somehow.

19. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Gators gotta eat, same as the buzzards. And I know where a big gator lives..... ;)

20. BudW

BudW New Member

What if they have children? you kill their folks what are you going to do with the kids?