what to do near Anaheim?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by willfully armed, Jan 3, 2011.

1. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I've been here for a week, playing Mr mom with my 2 year old in the hotel, while the wife is out running insurance claims inspections. Could be here for another week.

Any members from the area?

What are some must see places? Besides Disney.

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Sorry, I'm about an hour away from you. Amusement parks is what Anaheim is famous for. Disney, Knotts Berry Farm, CA Adventure.

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

You can be in North County San Diego (Oceanside, La Jolla, Del Mar) in less than two hours from where you are. Good sightseeing and there are the beaches (a little cold this time of year, but they are still fun). Go a little further south and you can hit Old Town San Diego which can be fun for kids, or even hit the Wild Animal Park in Escondido or the Zoo in Balboa Park. Head north and there is the Long Beach Aquarium (buy tickets online at their website, its cheaper). If you have chains with you or a 4wd you could head on up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead. Huntington Beach and Newport are right down the street from you. Irvine Spectrum is really just a big outdoor mall but they have a ferris wheel. Ummm...I'm running out of ideas, give me a few hours and I'll get back to you haha.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Go down to the beach. Go take a look at Topanga Canyon. Shoot there is tons of stuff to do down there.

5. ironsights

ironsights New Member

what to do, drive one hour north on the 5 to 134 west and 10 minutes you are in Universal City...movies stars and studio tours, drive up 101 on the Pacific coast highway to Santa Barbara, great views.
    If you like cars........the Peterson Museum and the La Brea tar pits..just some quick ideas