What to do in mass panic

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by molonlabexx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Just got back from watching World war z, great movie, although it is ALL fake. But it still shows the very real possibility of what COULD happen in the event of a mass incident such as a nuke going off, mass rioting etc etc. What are some things we can do as gun owners and sheepdogs to prepare? I am a survivalist type person, trying to build my ammo and food stocks up. Would it be best to shelter in place? Thanks and I want this to be an interesting and educational thread!!

2. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I do believe I would hunker down in my house, ample supply of food, water, medical supplies, fuel, ammo, wide selection of handguns and rifles within hand reach. I live on a corner with an unobstructed two block view on three sides of my house.

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

First thing to do in a mass panic is "DON'T PANIC", don't get caught up in the hysteria. Then hunker down and try to ride it out in place, if not possible un-ass the area as smoothly as you can.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1_lSS_VUlU[/ame]

5. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Take a couple of Xanax , stand firm and smile a lot..! Eeek..! Call me in the morning..! :D

6. Donn

Donn Active Member

Staying right here. Good, bad or otherwise. Too much to take, no place to take it.

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Basically...

Just hang tight with those you are close to for support and If We have to "Un-A$$ quickly we have aby number of MTNs we can drive up....

8. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

If you live in an urban area, I rather doubt that you will have much choice in the matter. If there is mass rioting around your home it would be very unsafe to try to leave. If there was rioting that you heard about early enough maybe you could leave the urban area to go somewhere safer. Most people are very reluctant to leave their home until it is too late. Riots pretty much always include fires. Homes can be fire-resistant but not fire-proof.

9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok , that was a joke ..! I've never taken Xanax in my life..! Laugh people laugh in the face of adversities..! :confused: :D

10. rurak

rurak New Member

I just finished the book World War Z .... much better than the film I hear. If it ever were to happen (it won't) I think we would all be pretty much up s$^ts creek

11. HankStone

HankStone New Member

City or urban stay armed,and assume the intelligence of a Brown Norway Rat.,

12. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Oh sure, ya just had to go and ruin it for me! :rolleyes:

If you are in any of the armpits of america, you might have 2 days at most before real panic sets in. If the roads aren't plugged, and you have a second place to go, you could take the risk to get out as fast as you can, taking only the essentials. Otherwise stay put and ride it out, making your place look deserted. Set up watches in turn with your family and friends to be prepared for the worst.

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Don't underestimate the power of Xanax. It can make you look forward to a dentist appointment.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

What to do in a mass panic?

Be a doer, not a panic-er.

The whole SHTF might blow over in a few days.

Which would be a great argument for hunkering

down, securing the property, and staying put.

"Fear is the mind killer"...

15. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

No offense but I have heard this all my life and I'm just about sick of hearing those words, "I just read the book and It's much better than the Movie"! It does not mean a hill of beans for those of us that don't read, get it! :mad:

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are not a reader you are missing out on one of the true pleasures in life. Your imagination can give you visual infiormation a movie can NEVER match. Your brain is like a muscle, exercise it.

17. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

Make yourself known as a gun owner. I live in SouthWest Florida, and have always been afraid I'd have to shoot some kind if looter (or two?). Luckily, my area has not been hit that hard by a storm since before I was born.
    Store plenty of ammo.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I am going to sit back & watch.....................

19. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

Bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodbye!!!

20. rurak

rurak New Member

Sorry man its not my fault you can't read ...... :)