What to carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by elglockeroloko30, Nov 26, 2011.

1. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

I just bought a small taurus revolver model 617.It shoots .357 and 38 special and has 7 bullet capacity. I Love to shoot it at the range but im not sure if it's practical for carrying .Any opinions?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I have a Rossi 917 4"barrel I really like but dont carry it conceled- just for field use
    If you like it & TRUST it find a good holster & carry it :cool:
    BTW - We love pictures!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

3. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

glock 19 or any small semi auto

4. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

If you know how to handle your gun it will work just fine.

5. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

Iwill post pictures as Soon as i learn how to since i just uploaded the ap and im still learning to use it. BTW it's been rally difficult to find a holster for it!

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

1st decide what type you want- Open top, strap in, thumb breat, IWB ect
    Then google leather maker like Bianchi ,Don Hume, Safrailand, Milt Sparks if you have deep pockets, :rolleyes:

I like the clip on Don Hume myself-
    [​IMG]

As to your Taurus - IF you can carry your gun into some place to find & fit it to a holster much better- I found one for my 4" Rossi at my local FFL dealers for $10 - Good leather & fully lined-

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Depending where I am at and what I have planned.
    My carry pieces vary. I use revolvers, small semi-auto's, medium sized semi-auto's and full sized.
    The mode of carry varies, also.

(but I do not use any of Uncle Mike's or any other generic fitting holster.)

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Carry what ever suits you and your environment.

I have a Ruger SP101 that could be a great little carry gun. But I'm a pretty dreadful shot with it in double action, so it's strictly a range toy for now. Maybe that'll change. I carry autos only right now. BHP or occasionally XDm45 in the colder months, KelTec PF9 when I'm dressing light. At some point I'd like to add a Sig P239sas or 4"1911 as an additional option.

If you make a habit or carrying, you'll probably look to expand your stable of carriables...to accomodate varying weather, attire, environments, etc.

9. vito77

vito77 New Member

i got the ruger lc9 i carry but i usally carry my .410 derringer by bond arms, texas defender loaded with winchesters pdx1 ammo. also shoots 45 long.