what to buy?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by herp_man2003, Apr 24, 2013.

1. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Im having a dilemma on what i want to buy. Im looking at three guns right now. The first is a savage mark ii fvsr. The second is a cz 452 ultra lux and the third is an old remington model 513t matchmaster. I have been in love with the bolt action 22's since i picked up a remington targetmaster 510. So help me out here guys what one should i get?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i would go with the old Remington 513T. simply because the other two are still in production and the Remington isn't. finding another one if you let it slip by, might be a long time coming. buy the Remington and then buy one of the others later on.

3. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I'd have to go with the Remington.

4. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

If you have the money .. Buy then all. Great guns!

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'd also consider the CZ 455. Barrels are interchangeable and you can go from 17, to 22lr, to 22 mag in just one gun.

6. Que

Que Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

guess I'd have to look at the use of the rifle. if you are wanting a rig similar to the Remington you already have then go with the 513T. if you want a nice modern rifle then the Savage or CZ would be good choices. I'd go for the CZ first I believe.

7. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Im leaning towards the remington. I love my 510. I was kind of hoping to put a scope on what i get but i will not do that to the remington if i pick that one up. Thanks for the tip on the cz 455's. Anyone know where i might find one for a reasonable price?

8. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Well i got to check out the remington today. If its available on monday when i call i believe it will be mine. I love my old remingtons for some reason. I think it was my first range trip with my 510 and i was dinging steel with cb's at 100 yards.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  9. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

Cz 455 but I own one so I'm a little bias. The thing is just a tack driver.. :) old Remington would be awesome too.. So it depends on what u want it for. Lots of shooting I'd go cz it's a great bang for the buck and lots of mods. Trigger kits are cheap and now mine does what a $1000 .22lr does. If it were just plinking open sights. Yeah Remington is a great rifle and I'm sure pretty accurate as most old ones are. Happy hunting and doesn't seem like u can make a wrong choice. :)

10. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

I ended up picking up the 513t. If it was gone i was gonna pick up the 455 lux they had. I got to shoot it at the indoor range and all indications say this is gonna be a tack driver. Cant wait to shoot it from the bench and see what she can do.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

good choice. looking forward to seeing some pictures of it.

12. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

Awesome.. Like I and many other said u weren't gonna pick a bad one out of those choices. :) can't wait to hear how she does.

13. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Should get to shoot her today!!! I think I will start out at 25 yards and see how it shoots.

14. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Well she shoots pretty good. All but the first are 5 round groups shot at 25 yards with sk standard ammo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

She is pretty and I love the big iron sights too..