What the?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by blueocean, May 30, 2013.

1. blueocean

blueocean New Member

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Man, o' man! If this is not stopped now in its derailing momentum the country will be unrecognizable in five years time!!! :mad: Sometimes I think I'm stuck in 1933 Germany.

3. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Edit. Double post

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  4. opaww

opaww New Member

Need to flood this school with emails showing displeasure with what they did

5. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Sadly we do not live in the country we did twenty, ten, or even five years ago.

This is the beginning of a transitional period. I don't know what is ahead but I worry about what life will be like for our children and grandchildren.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, spokesperson was obviously not an English major....

7. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

You're right in a sense but it could be a wake up call to good Americans and get our country back on track. That is my hope anyway. I personally am not ready to lay down yet and just let the liberals do as they wish.

8. dcilten

dcilten New Member

The sad part is if we continue down this path of destruction, we will be telling stories to our kids and grand kids about how we used to be free.

9. ttsl

ttsl New Member

I tell them that already and have for years. I remember pre 68 gunshows, buy all you want, never show an ID, nobody writing down serial numbers. Blacktip AP 3006 ammo everywhere.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It seems 50 years of the Liberal Teachers Union has taken a terrible toll on the Public School System. Our Public Schools rank below many third world countries. Two thirds of every dollar spent on education goes to teachers pay. :rolleyes:

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Hey!!

You want better educated KIDS?? Pay for Better Educated TEACHERS
    (Fmr. Spec Ed. HS Teacher/Football Coach/Asst. Dean-Post Active duty)

My former Employer, Mayor Billionaire Berg. issued an edict when he got control of the NYC DOE from sane people " cut 25% of the work force and 33% of the salary in 5 years or you loose your Job" this he says to every Principal in NYC...not the incompetent teachers,...ALL Teachers!! I spent 137K to attend College for close to 15 total years(plus an 82K Grant, or else I would not have(been able to) get the doctoral degree! Then "Bloombomb" freezes ALL raises for Educational credit!~!

Teachers expect to be asked to do more with less, but Parents have to be prepared for outcome of shortages of properly trained teachers.

(getting off soapbox now)

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why is the answer to a decaying Public School system always more teachers pay. Paying teachers more has not improved anything beyond a teachers life.
    Any teacher who is not satisfied with their pay should join the public work force. We all paid big bucks for College degrees.:)

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you. I will now mount said soapbox.

You failed to mention one vital part of the problems with every school system in this country. Tenure. Who goes and who is kept is decided by seniority, not performance. There is more than one apathetic teacher out there who is doing our kids no favors via their continued employment.

Next! :D

More than once I have wondered that very thing. One of my favorite things to say to the permanent employees of the SUNY system, with whom I worked for 3 years, as a temp no less, when they started to complain about only getting $21, 853 a year in salary to mop floors was:

" Go out and get a job in the private sector doing what you are doing now. if you do, don't worry. I'll make sure to bid on your job before you can return. Go live on minimum wage for a while, it builds character."

Funny thing is, no one ever took me up on that. The same problem exists on every level of our education system. My job, along with 5 others, was eliminated to free up money to pay for, get this, an Assistant, to the assiistant, of the President of Fredonia State University. Effin' really! School administrations do a wonderful job of money management nowadays, don't they? :rolleyes:

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Been that route too! Worked as an asst. for 10k a year to start. worked my way up even after an Associates Degree in a different area and 5+ years active duty. We gladly gave up tenure and worked summer school to keep our jobs and keep more folks employed. Every Time NYC asked for something back to tide them over we obliged, a whole lot quicker then say, the NYC Transit Auth. I'm sure working for SUNY you saw the same pile of dung,..just different steam

15. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Sadly, about 10 years ago, they told every high school student that teaching was the perfect future for them, since then, weve graduated so many that they couldnt possibly all get jobs, most have huge bills and little income to pay them.

As far as this teacher goes, I support his efforts to use this survey as a teaching and learning moment. The schools are not exempt from rights and freedom, hell they were sculpted 100 years and more ago to make sure our youngest learners knew all they could about our system of laws and their responsibilities.

I am extremely bothered by the behind closed doors treatment of this situation, silence is golden unless your talking about rights and due process. This is the way they hide questionable authoritative actions, its not about anything but STFU or your gonna be unemployed!

16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

This is the point that we are coming to in this country!!! If the Libs don't like what you say, if you disagree with them or their ideas, they come after you with everything that they have. Their idea of freedom of speech and expression means you have these rights as long as you parrot THEIR beliefs or ideas. Otherwise, you had best keep your mouth shut or the IRS or FBI may begin an investigation of your whole life.