What the Hell is This??!!

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Trez, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I got this today at a gunshow...... It says Weaver Qwik-Point... It looks like a old red dot? Anybody know anything about it?

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Nice little sights. Like a red dot, but gathered ambient light rather than used batteries.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Weaver made them for many years with varying popularity. Promoted usage was for shotguns, rifles and rimfires.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Thanks... It seems I got a Shotgun model? It has a weird mount, its in between a top and side mount, i guess a diagonal mount? :confused:
    Any hoo, I was thinking of getting another receiver cover for my SKS to drill and tap and putting it on my SKS... Do you guys think it would work for that? It would make a handy SHTF red dot, using no batterys.....

5. ahole

ahole New Member

that is an early design of what we now know as trijicon fiber dot sights. sweet looking. i would not put it on anything more than a 22.

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Trez, that's funny! That thing is so old you were probably still in diapers when it was new. Kind'a the first run at fiber optic and red dot type sights that they made. I don't think they worked all that well.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I dont think I was even a twinkle yet......

8. orangello

orangello New Member

That is pretty cool right there.

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Why? It was made for a shotgun... I wouldnt think the itty bitty 7.62x39 would hurt it?

The ones with shotgun mounts dont seem to cost as much as the ones that have a normal Weaver/ dovetail mount... A sks is the only thing besides a shotgun that looks like it would fit...... Ive never seen a mount attach at a diagonal like that...

10. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

since we are on "wtf is this" how about this first optic. It looks like an eotech mounted on top of it, but what is that some kind of thermal scope?
    [​IMG]

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A very long time ago I had on on a 22 semi auto rifle. It really worked quite well but sure looked funny. They were light dependent so they did not work at night.

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I cant seem to find any bad reviews for it... Many people who got them when they came out said they still use them.... Not a sniper optic by any means, but I read it works very well at short and mid ranges.... It is light dependent, but seems to work well until its almost dark out. Confirmed I have the S-1 shotgun model and it will only fit guns with round receivers. They made the S-1 (shotgun), R-1 (centerfire rifles), R-22 (rimfires) It wont fit any of my .22's and I dont want to mount it to any of my shotguns.

They dont seem to be worth much (about $10-$20, $30-$40 NIB) and considering I got it for free (I watched a guys stuff at the gun show, and helped him load up after the show was over, so he gave it to me) I might as well use it on something...
    Now that I have rifles like my Mosin, that can actually shoot long distances, I think im gonna take my Posp scope off, put this on, and turn my SKS back into a quick little mid range carbine...

Found this too...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

SKS mock up....

Heres how it looks on the SKS... (its just put on with double sided tape)
    Its a little funny looking, but I think it would work.....

Attached Files:

14. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I say go ahead and use it. Only an idiot would laugh at someone who has a loaded gun!

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I would consider a "brass" deflector, though; i'm not sure how tough that plastic is.

16. chewchew

chewchew New Member

Wow, what a find

17. chewchew

chewchew New Member

Digital thermal weapons system.
    You can buy a civilian model similar to this for 26 grand.
    I've only seen one and it was at a gun store in Fort Campbell, Ky.

18. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

That France's version of Land Warrior, it's called FELIN. That big ol' thing is a camera/NV sight/telescopic sight/magic robot eye. I guess he has the EOTech for point shooting and because it looks tacticool.

Speaking of, does anyone know the Land Warrior and Future Force Warrior programs going? Last I heard, LW got deployed in Iraq with a Stryker battalion, then got canceled despite glowing reviews. I have no clue how the other's going.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  19. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

If it's French does the surrender flag pop out of the top or the side?

20. 1982flh80

1982flh80 New Member

Quick Point. Nice little item. First time I saw one it was mounted on a remington 870. That was way back in 1975. First year I went deer hunting w/my father. No magnification but it did offer a clear sight picture. I have been looking for one myself to mount onto my sons Mossberg 500.

Attached Files: