81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
Who knows if this is the true. But I definitely agree with the leave no trace people. That monolith was only going to lead to every @$$hole around going there, leaving trash, destroying things, making it into some tourist trap. Sadly- no one seemed to care about this pristine desert until some idiot put a piece metal out there.
There are a lot of people who care about that desert. But we're the leave no trace people and the kind of people who pick up after the idiots who leave their garbage out there.
I did a lot of climbing in southern Utah.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
There are a lot of people who care about that desert. But we're the leave no trace people and the kind of people who pick up after the idiots who leave their garbage out there.
I did a lot of climbing in southern Utah.
Same here- I’m fortunate enough to get to live in a state with some really pristine wilderness, and nothing annoys me more than finding some Ahole’s trash in the forest.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I live on the edge of the Frank Church wilderness, the largest wilderness area in the lower 48.
I do a lot of hunting in the White Mountain National Forest and my friends farm literally borders it. It really is an amazing privilege to have. It just sucks when some A-hole comes and litters in it because he doesn’t really care and just came to get a picture of a stupid monolith for Instagram

81 - 87 of 87 Posts